tier one vs. tier two

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is tier one and tier two fuel? May I assume tier one is the major suppliers and tier two is wallyworld-krogers, etc.?

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
I see Sunoco Canada is listed as a Top Tier supplier, which is good, as I only use Sunoco gas in my vehicle.
Thanks for supporting an income to my dad.

My dad owns a piece of property that is leased to Suncor Energy (Sunoco) and pays him a nice sum of money each month to have their station on the property.

cheers3.gif

Stevie - that will most likely end soon. As part of the merger with Petro-Canada, Suncor will most likely be getting rid of the Sunoco brand in Canada, and all stations associated with it.

Hope this doesn't hurt your dad..... :S

We have a 30 year lease with them which is up in 2021, so they are on the hook for the rent whether they are there or not.

They can terminate early, but there is a 6 year penalty payable up front at $8K/Mo = $576K!
20.gif

Oh, trust me, they'll find a way out of it!

You don't actually think you and your dad are going to win against a major oil company, do you?

:p

Originally Posted By: StevieC
We have a 30 year lease with them which is up in 2021, so they are on the hook for the rent whether they are there or not.

They can terminate early, but there is a 6 year penalty payable up front at $8K/Mo = $576K!
20.gif

I like that slober over 570k stevie!
48.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: addyguy
Oh, trust me, they'll find a way out of it!

You don't actually think you and your dad are going to win against a major oil company, do you?

:p

I'm no lawyer, but my bet is they'll sub-lease to an affiliate, or buy their way out of the lease. The big oil companies never lose.

I stopped buying Sunoco gas around here when recently they changed their premium to 91 octane, and want 30 cents more than standard unleaded for "Ultra 93". Everyone else has 93 for their standard premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back