ticked off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do i keep getting dented filters . I bought 2 fram ultras from wall mart in fishkill ny and got home to find them dented. Two weeks ago i bought a purolator synthetic filter from kmart and today i changed my oil in my f250 and sure enough i went to put the new filter on and it was dented. I really wish i didn't destroy the farm ultra that was on it before. Which leads me to wonder, will this puro blue can be okay. The dent is right next too the valve at the bottom. I hope it doesn't effect the valve itself.

Why are you so quick to label a dent a bad thing? Have you had issues with dented filters falling apart or not filtering?

The ultra only had 7000 miles on it. It could of went more. The wife cleaned up the porch and i had my filter wrench in a box with other tools and she threw it away. So i had to do the screwdriver method to remove the ultra. I guess i should of checked the new puro before i destroyed the ultra. And to top it all off i ended up over filling the truck by a full qt because i was so aggravated and couldn't think right. So now ill go home and drain a qt of perfectly good syn. All i wanted was to feel good about changing my oil today. So wallmart and kmart and my wife ruined my day.

I would have thought, if these were experiences that you've had recently, you would have learned by now to check them BEFORE purchase.

As I understand it, the FUs are taped shut. Not a bad idea as far as swapped-product goes, but it does negate the visual inspection. However, if the can is dented enough that it bothers you, I'd think the box would also have visual clues as to the damage inside ...

The box was fine. and to be honest with ya , i just checked the filter again and it looks as though the oil pressure pushed the dent out somewhat. I never cut a filter open to see what it looks like after doing an oci but i was just worried that this dent because it was rt on the valve at the bottom that it might effect opening and closing. If the filters valve at the bottom is stuck open some wouldn't it be in bypass .

Last edited:
I know what I'm going to do now. Im gonna go get a new fram ultra and change it out. Hopefully that will bring the oil level down enough to please my ocd and then i won't be thinking the puro thats on there is in bypass from the dent.

Last edited:
And from now on i will be opening every single filter i buy. I don't care if the store gets ticked off.

It just drives me nuts because i drove 40 minutes to get the ultras and had to return them and the drive to kmart is 25 minutes. But because i destroyed the ultra during my last change today i would of had to wait for the wife to get home from work and let my truck sit all day with no filter or oil in it. So i just went ahead and put the dented puro syn filter on it and said screw it but its killing me to think i should of returned it and got a new one. If kmart doesn't have the puro syn filter i need ill just go to advanced and get the ultra.

So far kmart and wallmart have failed me. Between frn codes being stolen and dented filters. Im done with them stores. From now on its advanced or auto zone filter and oil specials. All my years of getting oil and filters from advanced or auto zone not once did i have a problem. Why is that i wonder. Might have something to do with being able to speak english and not on welfare. Im sick and tired of seeing over weight people pushing around two carts of food and paying with a credit card that says i refuse to work but i want my food for free.

Sorry If i offended anyone. I know some people are less fortunate and need help .

Originally Posted By: waltywalt
So far kmart and wallmart have failed me. Between frn codes being stolen and dented filters. Im done with them stores. From now on its advanced or auto zone filter and oil specials. All my years of getting oil and filters from advanced or auto zone not once did i have a problem. Why is that i wonder. Might have something to do with being able to speak english and not on welfare. Im sick and tired of seeing over weight people pushing around two carts of food and paying with a credit card that says i refuse to work but i want my food for free.

A bit angry today?

Originally Posted By: shDK
A bit angry today?

Originally Posted By: waltywalt
So wallmart and kmart and my wife ruined my day.

That's the #1 reason! Women..... Who throws out tools?!

I chuckled reading the quote referring to the fat people and 2 carts filled with what will be free food. See it all the time at my WallyWorld. I switched to buying my filters at Meijer or Napa because of the lack of thieves and cleaner product shelves.

waltywalt - I have a good idea for you.

1) Lookup filter you require on AAP website. For example, say it's a Fram Ultra XG3378A.
2) Order 5-6 online and use a promo code to get them cheaper.
3) Drive to store and pick them up.

You will be able to:
Inspect them
Get them cheaper
Exchange damaged ones for good ones

Regardless if there's tape on the box, if I was picking them up from a store like AAP, I'd open them there in front of them just to inspect them. I'm sure they'd understand.

Last edited:
Yeah I was angry kinda. Im better now. I just stopped at my sisters house and opened her refrigerator and saw a bunch of fruit going bad. Shes another free food card holder. It drives me nuts to see that and I told her to knock it off and try paying for it once. Im sure youll eat it then wont ya. Im picking pennies up off the street and hungry sometimes myself and broke almost all the time but I don't waste food and im not a free food card holder. No wonder why this country is broke. I work my wife works and we still are broke. But I do run full synthetic and syn filters so I guess I shouldn't complain. And yes I will be checking every single filter I buy from now on.

I would certainly not feel bad about cutting the tape on a Fram Ultra box at WM or any other store so that I could inspect the filter before I purcahsed it... as long as I truly intend to purchase it and am not just screwing around with filters.

As always... 'buyer beware'.

And the reason why my wife tossed the tools was because she said it was in her way and was tired of moving it or having to walk around it. That's okay I just tossed her fat lazy smelly dog outside for good, she asked why I said I was tired of looking at it and smelling it. If the wife says another word im gonna start tossing more of her stuff outside or in the dumpster. I feel better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back