Thumb safety, best argument yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reason to use a TS is so you don't shoot your tallywhacker off
shocked.gif

oops, looks like the forum censor took out the word that rhymes with venus so please correct the link is you want to read the article.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida-man-sits-on-gun-shoots-self-in-[censored]-police-say

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: wymi516
https://www.news4jax.com

Then click on article off that page.

The link doesn't work. This site is censored heavier than the Christian Post.

You got that right!!! I just got back after being banned for a week because they said I bypassed the censor when I used symbols instead of profanity, go figure.

Originally Posted By: funflyer

You got that right!!! I just got back after being banned for a week because they said I bypassed the censor when I used symbols instead of profanity, go figure.
I got banned once and don't even know what I said that got me banned.

Just quote the original post and you'll get the link without the censored message in it.

In my view an external safety in the hands of someone who does not Practice the golden rules of firearms is more dangerous. Folks rely on them and point them in directions they should not be pointed in.

Quote:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Jacksonville man accidentally shot himself in the [censored] early Friday morning when he sat on a gun in the driver's seat of his car, police said.

The 38-year-old man was taken to Memorial Hospital by a woman, who told police that the man was sitting in his Nissan Altima by himself and came into their home on Freedom Crossing Trail in a panic and ran straight to the bathroom.

She said she followed him and saw that he had a gunshot wound to his [censored], so she took him to the hospital, where he underwent surgery.

She said the man told her he sat on the gun, which accidentally went off.

Police were called to the hospital just before 3 a.m. because of the gunshot wound.

Investigators found that the man was convicted of cocaine possession in 2004.

It's possible he will be facing charges for possessing a firearm, because he is a convicted felon.

There's more to this story than the felon sitting on his pistol and it went off. Thumb safety debate is off the table on this one.

Originally Posted By: Al
In my view an external safety in the hands of someone who does not Practice the golden rules of firearms is more dangerous. Folks rely on them and point them in directions they should not be pointed in.

I can't agree more. Plus the novice constantly checks or tries to defeat the safety while carrying it and that's often while its loaded and ready to roll.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

I can't agree more.

Wow can't hardly remember when someone on this forum agreed with me.
cheers3.gif

You are so naughty.

oops, looks like the forum censor took out the word that rhymes with venus so please correct the link is you want to read the article.

That works fine.

Can't imagine why it would be in the censored list?

No one uses that word when cursing.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

There's more to this story than the felon sitting on his pistol and it went off. Thumb safety debate is off the table on this one.

AGREED!!

Originally Posted By: DB_Cooper
Must of been a Glock..again?

My SA XD is winky whacker. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:
Whenever stories like this come 'round the missing part is a description of the trajectory of the bullet. Were his thighs affected? What about the dash board?

This is a reason to use a quality holster, not a reason to buy a gun with a thumb safety. Thumb safetys get flicked off by accident dury carry all the time, so theyre still not a replacement fo a quality holster that completely covers the trigger

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Must of been a Glock..again?

My SA XD is winky whacker. Wouldn't have it any other way.

SA has the right idea with a striker fired pistol..a grip safety. You would have to squeeze that SA just right to do a winky shot.

Personally..my favorite is a FNX-45..old school.

Israeli carry might be best for those with Glocks, only going condition 1 in an anticipated threat area.

Israeli carry might be best for those with Glocks (who choose to be careless with them) , only going condition 1 in an anticipated threat area.

Sounds like a fine way to not know the condition of your handgun if you need it RIGHT NOW. Unnecessary variable. Is this going to turn into a Glock bash without even knowing what the felon had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back