Throttle body noise

With the ignition switch in the "ON" position while I operate the gas pedal a crackling sound (somewhat like a hinge) is heard by the throttle body.

Can this be an indication it needs cleaning? Is it possible for the shaft of the valve to make that kind of a sound, because of deposits or is something wrong with its motor?

Hard to say what’s normal unless you had another like car to compare to. Doesn’t seem normal to me, but I can’t say I’ve paid a ton of attention to a throttle plates sound when operating key on engine off.

every manufacturer I’ve worked on advises NOT to clean electric throttle bodies, but everyone I’ve cleaned I’ve had no problems with. I’ve cleaned Chrysler’s, Mazda’s, Honda’s, Subaru’s and Hyundai/kias off the top of my head and never experienced a problem afterwards.

Hard to say what’s normal unless you had another like car to compare to. Doesn’t seem normal to me, but I can’t say I’ve paid a ton of attention to a throttle plates sound when operating key on engine off.

every manufacturer I’ve worked on advises NOT to clean electric throttle bodies, but everyone I’ve cleaned I’ve had no problems with. I’ve cleaned Chrysler’s, Mazda’s, Honda’s, Subaru’s and Hyundai/kias off the top of my head and never experienced a problem afterwards.
My personal guess is that the sound comes from the motor. If the shaft was so dirty with residues I think that there would be symptoms at least with the engine's idle.

If my guess is correct cleaning the throttle would be unrelated.

That's why I'm asking the question. To find out if anyone has similar experience.

Back