Thread doesn't start at beginning when I open it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Often, when I open a thread it doesn't start at the beginning. It opens anywhere between the beginning and the end of the first page of the thread, and if there's more than one page, the thread even sometimes opens somewhere on the second or subsequent page. Its been this way since the recent changeover.

Administrators: Can you fix this?

When I click on a thread I always end up with the beginning of the first post in the thread on top of the page. If I want to see "My Home · Main Index · Search · Active Topics Who's Online · FAQ · User List · Calendar" and the banner ad, I have to scroll up a little.

It goes right to the first unread post, as Bryan said. I like it. Though every so often it goes to the wrong one.

Quote:

It goes to the first unread post.

Not for me. If I've read a thread before it will always start me at the beginning, and ONLY if I haven't read the thread before will it start me at some random point in the thread. I find it very annoying and can't figure out how to turn it off.
mad.gif

It happens to me on another board. I haven't figured out why it occurs.

So I go with it being a "feature-bug". It intends to do it ..but it doesn't do it to your benefit.
dunno.gif

I've come to the conclusion that this version of UBB Threads wasn't quite ready for prime time when they released ut. It has enough bugs that it runs more like a final beta version than a final release version.

Quote:

Often, when I open a thread it doesn't start at the beginning. It opens anywhere between the beginning and the end of the first page of the thread, and if there's more than one page, the thread even sometimes opens somewhere on the second or subsequent page. Its been this way since the recent changeover.

Administrators: Can you fix this?

The hat brims' in the way.
Time to step down to a 2-1/2" model.
grin.gif

I have same problem.

Just to be different, sometimes the thread opens with the first new post, as it always does for this thread, with other threads, it always opens at the beginning of the thread. I haven't tried to identify what might might be influencing this behavior.
dunno.gif

My observation is that when opening the thread for the regular forum view you will be taken to the first unread post. If you are reading from the Active Topics view you will be taken to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back