Thoughts on this one? 39" Sharp 1080p - $329.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sharp wouldnt be my first choice, but money talks.. have you viewed the set in person ? thats going to go along way when deciding.

Ive found that panasonics, samsungs, have been the models that have caught my eye the most over the past few years.

It's tempting to buy online - great prices.

But, check your local Wal-Mart.
Less chance of it being droped by delivery guy.

When it comes to TV's, appliances, I like to buy from the well known manufactures (brick & mortor stores).
* I think Sharp would be one of them.

I have 2 LCD TV's. Great invention.
I get alot of enjoyment from them.

Oct 2007 Bought: Sony 32" Model: Bravia Paid: $990.00
Dec 2012 Bought: Sony 32" Model: Bravia Paid: $330.00

As you can see, the price has come down alot.

Some people have a problem with the pixels burning out.
I hear it's somewhat normal.
My 2 TV's and computer monitor have not had that problem.

My local Sam's club has a Sanyo with similar attributes for $299. Of course by the time I add my 7% sales tax it will be up there with the Sharp.

These are pretty low priced tv's in comparison to what the big name companies sell. I think that Sharp would be a good buy.

I'd go for that if I were in the market.

My wife has been all over me to replace our 2003 55" Mitsubishi rear projection, and I refuse until it woofs. Even though, Sharp was not the first brand that would pop into my head either, I saw a 70" AQUOS that was very impressive.

I've generally had good luck with Sharp products. The set in our bedroom is a 1992 19" Sharp that still works well. That set has also been on her hit list.

I neglected to mention that I have a Sharp 13" CRT TV in the kitchen that is at least 20 years old, and it is still going strong.

^That would be a classic "apples to oranges" comparison. TV's in general are pretty cheap and reliable these days. Some of the things that will irk you over time are things that you may not know in the showroom, i.e. menu structure or the way the TV fits a square picture to the rectangular screen (for non-widescreen broadcast).

Originally Posted By: larryinnewyork
But, check your local Wal-Mart.
Less chance of it being droped by delivery guy.

True, but I wouldn't just assume boxed product is handled with lots of care in the back of a Wal-Mart either. These things will receive a beating one way or another no matter how it gets to your house.

I have 3 Sharp AQUOS LCD I bought in 2007, all of them are working well without problems.

For the same money I think Sharp AQUOS is a better TV than Sanyo, Westinghouse ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back