Thoughts on Mobil Super HM Synthetic Blend 10w30..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I changed the oil on the Buick in my sig today, out went Quaker State Defy 10w30 and in went Mobil Super High Mileage Synthetic Blend 10w30. The Fram Tough Guard from the last oil change stayed on for an additional OCI. The previous owner changed the oil anywhere from 5-10K miles from the looks of the paperwork in the glove box (family member), so I gave it a short initial OCI to "flush" it out a bit. I left the QSD in for 3 months per the owners manual, this will stay in for 3 months / 3000 miles as well per the owners manual. Just curious what your thoughts are on this oil? I could not find a single UOA/VOA on this stuff, and it doesn't seem to have a large following either, not a whole lot about it here on BITOG.

MSHM will do just as good as any other syn blend HM oil at 3k intervals, buy whatever you can on sale.
Why do people keep posting this "wear study" its useless.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SLATRON
MSHM will do just as good as any other syn blend HM oil at 3k intervals, buy whatever you can on sale.

This is the plan, that is buying whatever is on sale. I do prefer a synthetic blend though for additional cleaning properties among other things.

Originally Posted By: SLATRON

^^ this is so much usefull, huh?

Why do some people just post to post_hore?

On a side note...

I know the very small comparison chart on the back of bottle/jug describes MS HM as a blend, but on a previous thread, a few of us contacted Mobil (more than a few times) and were advised this is a conventional oil. So if part of your decision is based on that, there are questions to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back