Thoughts On Mobil 1 0-20>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told me it is now the factory fill on the 'Vette & Dodge Viper. I thought it used to be Mobil 1 15-50? If true, that would be a big departure.
crazy2.gif

5-20 is now the suggested weight for the Ford Police Interceptor, including earlier years. I am going to try the Mobil 0-20, and see if I: a/burn more oil (valve stems) b/notice any better MPG...

Overall, any major brew differences between the 0-20, and the other Mobil 1 formulations? Thanks!!!
cool.gif

I ran it in a Honda 2.4. Seemed to do fine, although my biased ears thought the valve train was a little "clackier". I run 5-20 in my 4.6 modular engine...quiet as an 8-banger mouse could be!

Using it now and will let you know in Feb. They reformulated it and the pour point is back to -65F. Sounds the same as all the other 20wt's I've used.

Originally Posted By: ULVER
Someone told me it is now the factory fill on the 'Vette & Dodge Viper. I thought it used to be Mobil 1 15-50? If true, that would be a big departure.
crazy2.gif

The Vettes factory fill since 1992 has been Mobil 1 5w-30. The Viper, I believe was 10w-30 Mobil 1, but at some point after the Daimler buyout, they went to and still use 0w-40 Mobil 1.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
M1 0w-20 is a solid product. I doubt you'll seen any difference in MPG between M1 5w-20 & M1 0w-20.

Never have used a 20-weight anything before. I figured if I am going into winter, ZERO is better than 5 ;), though I wonder if it really matters at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back