Thoughts On M1 EP

I have a 2006 Kia Spectra EX I bought new. Always used Kia/Hyundai brand oil filters as well as M1 5W-30 oil until 75k. Then switched to M1 HM 5W-30 and have used that since. Mileage is 125k now and time for an oil change. Went to Walmart. They had no M1 HM so I got M1 EP 5W-30 (not HM EP). What are your thoughts on using this oil for the next 5k miles which has always been my OCI?

Attachments

• IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 44
I have a 2006 Kia Spectra EX I bought new. Always used Kia/Hyundai brand oil filters as well as M1 5W-30 oil until 75k. Then switched to M1 HM 5W-30 and have used that since. Mileage is 125k now and time for an oil change. Went to Walmart. They had no M1 HM so I got M1 EP 5W-30 (not HM EP). What are your thoughts on using this oil for the next 5k miles which has always been my OCI?
The HM additives that have been holding your car's internals together will catastrophically fail the moment you wash them away with the non-HM oil. Just kidding. The M1 EP is at least as good as the M1 HM, no matter how many miles your car has.

That's a clean car, good job taking care of her!(y) And nothing wrong whatsoever with your M1 EP 5K ocis. I say keep doing what you're doing.

That's a clean car, good job taking care of her!(y) And nothing wrong whatsoever with your M1 EP 5K ocis. I say keep doing what you're doing.
Thank you very much. I was sitting in it a few months ago with the window down. A man the next car over rolled his window down and asked me who painted my car. I told him that was the original paint from 15 years ago. And he was amazed. Being garaged has made all the difference.

Thank you very much. I was sitting in it a few months ago with the window down. A man the next car over rolled his window down and asked me who painted my car. I told him that was the original paint from 15 years ago. And he was amazed. Being garaged has made all the difference.
Right on! Your car looks as if it just rolled off the showroom floor!

Back