Those interested in finding out GC's composition.....come in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck, count me in too. I just put it in my car for the 2'nd time, so I might as well know what's in there exactly.

I would normally be in in a minute, but money is tight because we're cut down at work. When about would you need the money?

-T

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
I'm liable to be generous if you guys will promise that if the results point to it, you will refer to it as SLX.
grin.gif

When you say generous....how much are we talking about???
wink.gif

I'd prefer not to be specific at this point so we don't ... shall we say...inhibit participation. I don't want to give the impression I am the project patron with a blank check.
grin.gif

If we get enough contributions, how about analyzing some yellow label 0W-30 also just to clarify once and for all what the differences are, if any?

quote:

Originally posted by lyle:
If we get enough contributions, how about analyzing some yellow label 0W-30 also just to clarify once and for all what the differences are, if any?

If 1/4 of the people here donated just $10, we would have money to test whatever we wanted.
As far as collecting, it would be nice for Terry to get the Pay Pal thing so as to make this very easy.

One idea I had last year (this is just an idea) was for one person to collect all the money (most likely checks) and cash them and keep that money as our treasury. We would know exactly how much money was collected because we would make a public list of all those who donated and how much. Every time we withdraw money from it, the public list would be updated.

Can you all think of any other way?

Update!

Terry has Pay Pal, so collecting the money should be a breeze! Let's generate more interest though before we start sending money. Terry is still looking for a lab to do the test. The test machine in the original lab is down.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Sorry for the late response, but I'm definitely in too!
smile.gif

Pat,

Spread the word, man! You visit all the different forums here. A sticky post or something. I think ekpolk was interested in this too!!

Guys,

I have talked to the key players and we have come up with a plan. Here are the instructions:

-Send the money to Tony (59vetteman) via "Pay-Pal." You can go to www.bobistheoilguy.com and on the left side about half way down select the paypal or master card logo. It will take you to the paypal site. Then under "Payment For" put OIL STUDY, your screen name and member number. If you don't have a Pay Pal account, just click on "Secure Checkout"

-YOU MUST SPECIFY THE MONEY IS FOR THE "OIL STUDY"....or else Tony might think it's a donation (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

-After enough money has been collected, Terry will be notified so that he can pay upfront for the analysis

-Whatever money is left, can be used to run another test just like the one proposed here or VOAs or whatever else

The first $10 have been sent by yours truly!

code:

Pay To: [email protected]

Payment For: OIL STUDY

Quantity: 1

Amount: $10.00 USD

Shipping & Handling: $0.00 USD

Total Amount: $10.00 USD

patriot.gif

I'm ready to add in a good-sized contribution but I want to see some participation to follow-up on Z's kick-off...and if I see participation you can rest assured I am a "serous player!"

One last update!!

This quote is from Tony (59vetteman)

quote:

The only thing to remember is that on a payment by pay pal, they charge a percentage of the amount. On $10, I get $9.41, they charge .59 cents. On larger payments the percentage goes down. So $100 dollars sent in is not really $100 dollars. It may only wind up $94. But I will have the record of it.

Tony

I was never good at math, but it seems they are charging almost 11%?? Can someone double check my math?
Anyway....you may "wish" to adjust for that.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
I'm ready to add in a good-sized contribution but I want to see some participation to follow-up on Z's kick-off...and if I see participation you can rest assured I am a "serous player!"

WOOHOO! The money-man has arrived!
cheers.gif

I have confidence the guys will come through.

Thanks pscholte!

glxpassat just contributed to the Oil Study. Please put your board name and member number on the paypal comment section.

Thanks

Has anyone contacted Castrol and asked them to chip in? I can call and find out. I can put in $20 either way.
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back