Those interested in finding out GC's composition.....come in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

This is an idea Terry and I lighty discussed last year. It's very simple......Terry can take some GC and run it through some highly sophisticated tests to find out exactly what GC is made of. This is NOT a VOA.....according to Terry, this test will tell us if GC is made of Group 3,4,5 or a combination of.

I'm proposing collecting $10 per member who are interested in this test. If you are, say so in this thread!

Thanks

Rick

What does it matter what basestock or additives are used to produce GC? By my way of thinking only results matter; does GC provide the results your desire or not?

quote:

Originally posted by ant:
What does it matter what basestock or additives are used to produce GC? By my way of thinking only results matter; does GC provide the results your desire or not?

It doesn't matter, but it is the curiousity that is killing people. (checking my xmas hurt credit card)

ant,

Please, let's not turn this thread into a pi$$ing contest. Some people here are interested in finding out exactly what GC is made of regardless of results. Nobody is questioning GCs ability......this is purely a curiosity and I would appreciate it if you don't try shutting it down.

Thanks

EDIT: Of course, since I'm the one asking to get in this endevour, I'll be the first to say "Count me in!!"

$10.....do I hear another $10 over there??
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I’m not a proponent or detractor of GC. I’ve used it and it seems to work well. Some have used it and like it; some have used it and dislike it. You won’t really know which group you’re in until you try it. The results, real or imagined, will be your guide.

I'm certainly not trying to turn this thread into a pi$$ing contest. I guess I don't understand what benefit there could be other than pure curiosity. One could not base their decision on this test in selecting the best lubricant for their application. If the motivation is something more than curiosity, please help me to understand.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I'm liable to be generous if you guys will promise that if the results point to it, you will refer to it as SLX.
grin.gif

Guys,

No money has been collected yet. I'm trying to generate interest in this test so we can collect the money. Spread the word to a few guys and this will be a walk in the park!
Once we have generated enough interest, then we can discuss collection methods and the like.

pscholte,

Pure curiosity! At least in my part. I have nothing against GC and those who use it. for all I know, this stuff could me re-bottled Slick-50 (which we definitely know it aint), and it will still get its credit. I think this oil has the best overall performance record (mainly in the wear department) followed closely by Mobil and Amsoil....so there is no need to prove anything here. It would be cool to find out how it does it, since it has no moly or boron.
I personnaly like to hear how this test is done (since Terry will get paid....I think we are entitled to that) and find out if our theories are correct.
Guys, there is so much we can find out with this test, I have a feeling we'll be hooked. I have a feeling if we do this and are pleased (amount of info given), soon we'll be testing all kinds of stuff......Redline would probably follow GC. Who wouldn't like to know exactly how much ester is in RL?
This is so kool!!

55 and the rest of the gang,

Last year when Terry and I talked, he said the test would cost ~$400

[ December 16, 2004, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Last_Z ]

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
I'm liable to be generous if you guys will promise that if the results point to it, you will refer to it as SLX.
grin.gif

When you say generous....how much are we talking about???
wink.gif

Quick update:

I e-mailed Terry about this test and he confirmed he'd still do it. Price would be ~$400 or maybe a bit lower (if he can talk the lab down), but we need that money. Terry said last time the lab was not happy with him after he didn't come up with the money.
So, it's in our hands now boys!

I went looking for the old thread, but it appears to no longer exist? I found it, but clicked and it was gone.

Anyway, once again, I'm in.

With over 5000 curent members of BITOG, less than 1% donating $10 each to the cause should get us where we need to be
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back