Those boring toyota buyers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not defending Toyota by any means, but recalls can happen to all manufacturers, just like plane crashes can happen to all airlines. The key difference betw. manufacturers is how well they manage the recall, i.e. how they take care of their customers and ensure that they remain their customers despite an occasional mishap.

Did you read the bottom of the article where they discussed that very aspect?

I think that Toyota, Honda, GM, and heck probably all automakers have started to lose quality. I've seen more and more complaints of the recent vehicles being released.

I personally would like to stick with the vehicles that gave these automakers their great reputation. 89-00 civics, 88-02 corollas are all beyond the reliability of today's vehicles that are just adding more points of possible failure without increasing quality control.

Don't take my opinion too seriously though but it's just based on observations I've made over the past years.

I'm wondering if we can't look forward to more of this as manufacturers loose some control as they "outsource" more production to smaller parts suppliers who in turn, have to cut corners as they were the lowest bidder. I saw just yesterday that the average automaker only supplies about 35% of the actual car themselves. This leaves lots of room for inferior parts to find their way in.

lol I was wondering who was gonna be the first to post about this..no sooner had I made my other post about how much I liked Toyota, I saw the recall announcement on Yahoo...
lol.gif

Whatever it takes to get that "Oh what a feeling"
cheers.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

An Owner Satisfaction Poll for Honda, Acura, Toyota, Lexus, Subaru, Nissan, Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Volvo Owners.

Nice, no mention of Hyundai, who surely has caught up numbers wise with Volvo, and maybe even Subaru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back