This vid is just plain cool. Mini wankel

Very cool video, but some rookie errors made. Why spend all that time and not provide good bearing surfaces?
Yeah, he calls himself out for it. I'm guessing it was a proof of concept type of thing,

Super cool ... love those YT videos of small working engines.

that is cool! My son races an RC Nitro car and man those little things scream! He runs 30% nitro in that little bugger. It is some great bonding time for the 2 of us.

Just my $0.02

The Wankel that OS engines made for RC airplanes was not very fuel efficient. The amount of time any airplane could fly that used it was significantly less than it would have been able to fly using thee same size gas tank and a regular 2 stroke RC engine that made a similar range of power. The fact that it was a fuel hog was probably the main reason it never was widely used.

The Wankel that OS engines made for RC airplanes was not very fuel efficient. The amount of time any airplane could fly that used it was significantly less than it would have been able to fly using thee same size gas tank and a regular 2 stroke RC engine that made a similar range of power. The fact that it was a fuel hog was probably the main reason it never was widely used.
The full size Wankels were know for that too, so I wouldn't expect the .30 version to be any different.

Back