This site can’t provide a secure connection

I'm at one of my online bank's website,

When I click the LOGIN button I get this screen,

bank.jpg

Why? I got in fine before a few weeks ago.

The site(s) aren't loading at all for me; "Site cannot be found". I'd wager someone is performing an operation (software update, migration to new servers, new SSL certificates?) on a live server and things have not gone according to plan.

Site loads fine for me,
Just to be 100% sure on that, since you're using a Chromium-based browser, maybe hit the F12 key (that'll bring up a developer console, likely on the right), then right-click on the Refresh button and choose (something to the effect of; the exact language will vary depending on the browser) "Empty cache and reload the page". I'd hate to think you're loading a locally-cached version of a static home page and ruling out the possibility that the whole domain is down.

My guess at this point is a DNS SNAFU on their part.

It's down for me as well. I checked it with down detector and that said it was down for everyone.

Op is correct, cant access site. I put Salem Five Direct (no offense I didnt want to click on your link in case it was tainted) into a search engine, I get this response from every link in the search engine.
Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 11.02.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 11.04.59 AM.png

Their IT folks must be on the fritz right now trying to bring it back up.

Their IT folks must be on the fritz right now trying to bring it back up.
I have been in this spot a few times; for me it's almost always been DNS, a Wordpress site I've assumed from someone/somewhere else whose config file references a version of PHP that is not the version on my server and I spaced on confirming it prior to (attempting to) go live, or a SSL certificate mismatch. There are a million things that can take a site offline. When troubleshooting a live site which is losing money and consumer confidence every second, the seconds seem like hours.

EDIT: As of this writing, it seems their DNS info is currently propagating globally (read: "is a hot mess"); presumably with a fix:

Reactions: Pew
Back