this should instill confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
in your braking system----NOT

Also at Thursday's hearing, (Judge) Drain gave final approval to the sale of Delphi's brakes and ride dynamics business to China's BeijingWest Industries Co.

from Yahoo news

Steve

Officer I wanted to stop at that red light but I have Chinese brakes...
LOL.gif

That really is bad news. Delphi has a very good reputation for building innovative and quality products for OEM manufacturers. Now some is being sold and made in China? No thanks!

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
That really is bad news. Delphi has a very good reputation for building innovative and quality products for OEM manufacturers. Now some is being sold and made in China? No thanks!
I use Lots of Delphi AC parts at work and they have been coming from China for years.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Officer I wanted to stop at that red light but I have Chinese brakes...
LOL.gif

Perhaps they are made of Chinese drywall?

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Sadly they already do basically.

Yep. They supply us with all the little tedious things and we supply them with the machines and technology to build them for us.

Beyond that, who do you think loans us the money so we can acquire more debt? Its not US businessmen buying bonds to fund the bailout.

The last brake pads I bought were made in Australia.

Originally Posted By: tom slick

The last brake pads I bought were made in Australia.

Me too. Axxis/PBR's if I'm not mistaken.

Originally Posted By: Jim 5
Great. Pot metal brake components.

Hmmm. I thought I was on the wrong board there for a minute. I mean you had 'great' 'pot' & 'metal' all combined into one post!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
Hey I purchased a Fuel cap from Advance Auto and it was made in Isreal...

When I worked in a parts store it was fun to see where things came from besides US and China. Israel probably popped up more than Germany, South Africa and India combined.

China aready does they have so much of our dept that if they demand payement we are finished...

Actually it would be the Chinese who will get screwed.

We would lose a AAA credit rating, but they would not get paid. Which is worse?

Originally Posted By: Tornado Red
China aready does they have so much of our dept that if they demand payement we are finished...

Actually it would be the Chinese who will get screwed.

We would lose a AAA credit rating, but they would not get paid. Which is worse?

It would be worse for you. If a country doesn't pay it's debts, it is you that will get screwed. Nobody wants to do business with that kind of banana republic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back