This plane flew over and was very low.

Dunno what it is or why it was so low but it flew over us 2x this morning. I caught it on flight radar.
Screenshot_20210411-135307.jpg
Screenshot_20210411-084008.jpg

Looks like a C130. As you know, there is airspace near your home for military aircraft training. C130 can do quite a bit close to the ground.

It has the distinct shape of a C-130 Hercules which is capable of very low altitude activities like spraying for mosquitoes, fire-fighting aerial drops and video surveillance missions. I am not familiar with the large 1 logo on the vertical stabilizer, but it is visible in the first photo.

It looks like a Coast Guard C130 Minotaur. The tail marking is half right but the blue fuselage is throwing me a curve. Maybe another Federal Agency or a plane that has yet to get its final paint and decal ?

It has the distinct shape of a C-130 Hercules which is capable of very low altitude activities like spraying for mosquitoes, fire-fighting aerial drops and video surveillance missions. I am not familiar with the large 1 logo on the vertical stabilizer, but it is visible in the first photo.
It is indeed a MAFFS equipped C-130 used for fighting forest fires. Must have been on a training flight in Cali.

https://images.app.goo.gl/6ByqcN15PFW7mtqv8

Naw. Nothing here any more. They closed George afb 30 yrs ago.
My mistake- it thought you were not to far from here:

Death Valley National Park, north of Barstow, California, is Rainbow Canyon. It’s not especially remarkable, just one canyon in an area full of them, all but indistinguishable from its neighbors in an area populated mainly by snakes. But stand on one of the canyon tops for long enough and a fighter jet will suddenly roar into the valley below you, flying fast and very, very low. It will be visible for only a few seconds before it turns hard and disappears behind the next hill. But during those few moments, anyone with a camera has a brief chance to take a spectacular picture. Rainbow Canyon (or Star Wars Canyon, as some call it) is part of the R-2508 restricted airspace complex, host to a busy, low-level training route for combat aircraft.

Back