This never ceases to amazing me

Not long a go, it was 3 seconds, now 2. The thing is, they always get it right.

You need super slow motion to appreciate the precision and timing of each crew member.

Seems like someone would make a mistake, and a wheel would come off exiting the pit.

Never seen it happen. I don't watch every race now, has it?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by user52165

Seems like someone would make a mistake, and a wheel would come off exiting the pit.

Haas was pretty good at that for a while.

Originally Posted by user52165

I'll do you ever better: Two for one

2018 Melbourne GP

Haas drivers Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grosjean were both running in the top 5.

Magnussen pits and leaves with a loose left rear wheel, forcing him to retire.

Two laps later, Grosjean pits, leaves, and is forced to retire with a loose left front wheel.

I always wondered if the driver was required to do the tires and gas what would racing be like?.

Originally Posted by CT8
I always wondered if the driver was required to do the tires and gas what would racing be like?.

As late as the 1950's, F1 drivers would run to their cars, jump in, start it , buckle up, and drive away.

Well maybe LeMans, not sure about F1 or the date.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8

I have vivid memories of AJ Foyt near the end of his 35 consecutive races at Indy in the 1990's getting out of his disabled car, grabbing a wrench and trying to fix something. While his crew watched.

Wow! That didn't even seem like 2 seconds! I was prepared for a onnnne one-thousands, twoooo one-thousands.

Originally Posted by CT8

Morgan Shepherd did his own pit stops in NASCAR a few times when he couldn't afford to hire a pit crew.

In the 90's they were refueling the cars so 6 seconds was considered fast. But here, they could run through the pits as fast as the car could go.

Now, the pit stop world record is 1.82 seconds, but pit speed limits have increased the amount of time spent in the pits compared to 90's.

Back