this must be a GREAT engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sparkplug
How about some straight 60 weight in that? Or some gear oil.

Nah,straight STP oil treatment (in the blue can)
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Paint wouldn't open it, had to use the GIMP instead... Anyway, here is the fill hole and the other arrow points to where I believe the drain hole should be. It is located at the center of the base of the engine on the same side as the drain hole is facing. Hope you like my handwriting.

And you really do need to get a shroud on that thing or it'll burn up. :no-no:

1staddedcalf005.jpg

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
It is located at the center of the base of the engine on the same side as the drain hole is facing.

That should read: "...on the same side as the fill hole is facing."

That cover is off because the pull coard wouldn't retract back in, so I just attach a string to it and start it that way.

Paint wouldn't open it, had to use the GIMP instead... Anyway, here is the fill hole and the other arrow points to where I believe the drain hole should be. It is located at the center of the base of the engine on the same side as the drain hole is facing. Hope you like my handwriting.

And you really do need to get a shroud on that thing or it'll burn up. :no-no:

1staddedcalf005.jpg

BURN BABY BURN!!!

I just let er' burn. Its old anyway.

That's a shame. You could just cut the rewind part off of the shroud and reinstall it so that you can start it how you want and still allow it to cool itself off. That thing's got years of life left in it unless you allow it to burn out.

That's a shame. You could just cut the rewind part off of the shroud and reinstall it so that you can start it how you want and still allow it to cool itself off. That thing's got years of life left in it unless you allow it to burn out.

We have spent maby hours trying to fix that **** thing.

We just cant, the pull coard won't wind back in, and when we put it back together, it just breaks.

I only use it about 10 hours a year, so i'm not worried.

Have you priced a new rear tine tiller lately? Or do like the idea of turning the garden by hand? I'd think for less than $50 a shop could have your recoil problem fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back