This LX 470 might be the worse flood damaged car I have ever seen

I don't understand how they are getting away with selling that on a salvage title - not even salvage flood...
Amazed it is not listed for destruction on the title- scrap only. Somebody really screwed this up. I saw an awesome 90kmile GX 470 from the Florida Hurricane auctioned off yesterday that looked like showroom new- with a destruction only title.

Last edited:
One owner carfax.. 5000 mile oil changes.. color of sand urchin was limited. Seats should just polish up nicely.
7638ee74cbac47a9affe957101bc4b49_ful.jpg
e186c24ea2d84278aa17516e84578efc_ful.jpg
R (3).jpeg

What kind of idiot would waste all that time taking pictures of it before wasting thirty minutes with a pressure washer.

Lol, what a waste of time even taking all those pictures.
RS,

I speculate the reasons an insurance company sends a worthless vehicle to auction is to support a process that (1) ensures that claim writer is doing the right thing, (2) protect the insurance company from lawsuits on how they disposed of a vehicle, (3) provide the insurance company a litigable paper trail in case there is fraud discovered after the claim was paid.

I see many items at vehicle salvage auction that are not worth even $1. The insurance company paid to have the totally worthless item towed to the salvage auction, pays storage fees, pays auction fees, pays title transfer fees.

Not every item sent by an insurer to a vehicle salvage auction is on the auction block with the expectation or desire to generate any revenue or recover some of the loss. It is an administrative action in some situations.

This time of year, that vehicle has more value for the sand on it than in the scrap metal. Don’t give the DOT folks any ideas, some of the rocks they drop are about that sized…

RS,

I speculate the reasons an insurance company sends a worthless vehicle to auction is to support a process that (1) ensures that claim writer is doing the right thing, (2) protect the insurance company from lawsuits on how they disposed of a vehicle, (3) provide the insurance company a litigable paper trail in case there is fraud discovered after the claim was paid.

That's a good point and one I didn't consider.

Reactions: GON
There is some $$ value there in the cat converters (2,3 of them?), the 4 aluminum rims (pure Al is worth more in scrap) and the aluminum engine block, heads, pistons, radiator, and some body panels. A recycler will buy it and make money off it after a bit of work.

If you zoom out on those pictures you can see what the rest of it looks like.

This end appears to be the bow:

yJ9XRF.jpg

Back