This is what's wrong with Millenials

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just FOX or CNN. ABC, CBS,NBC, NY Times...none of our media reports fair and unbalanced news, they all put their spin on it to support their particular agenda.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
They're [censored] lazy. That's what's wrong.

"Some" are lazy. Some are rockstars. There are tons of lazy boomers and Xers also.

I hire almost only millenials in my department because the good ones are rockstars.

Originally Posted By: SonofJoe
My 'millenial' son just got made up to consultant at his hospital after 15 years of working like stink. These people are miles better than us grumpy old 'boomers'.

Hardly. Your son is the exception, not the rule. The only generation greater than the boomers is the WWII generation...

I'm 29, married, have a dog, own my house (yes i do have a mortgage), paid my own way through college for 5 years, have my B.S., going for my MBA, have a full time job, have a retirement account almost to 100K, all while the vehicles in my sig paid for and helped my wife (28) start her own business 5 years ago.

So according to many on this forum, I'm part of these horrible "millenials?". Those that think this way need to stop labeling younger people as a "millennial" just because they are younger and don't agree with your thoughts and way of life.*

* Those that think the earth is flat and that tide pod are edible, are examples of Darwin's theory of natural selection at work....

Originally Posted By: volk06
I'm 29, married, have a dog, own my house (yes i do have a mortgage), paid my own way through college for 5 years, have my B.S., going for my MBA, have a full time job, have a retirement account almost to 100K, all while the vehicles in my sig paid for and helped my wife (28) start her own business 5 years ago.

So according to many on this forum, I'm part of these horrible "millenials?". Those that think this way need to stop labeling younger people as a "millennial" just because they are younger and don't agree with your thoughts and way of life.*

* Those that think the earth is flat and that tide pod are edible, are examples of Darwin's theory of natural selection at work....

You have to admit, most millenials are not like you, and good for you for not being the stereotypical millennial!

Originally Posted By: grampi

You have to admit, most millenials are not like you, and good for you for not being the stereotypical millennial!
He's not like most boomers or gen Xers either.

No, I would not admit that. Quite the opposite, in fact. However I would say that you are the stereotypical boomer.

Originally Posted By: exranger06

No, I would not admit that. Quite the opposite, in fact. However I would say that you are the stereotypical boomer.

I'm good with that...thanks for the compliment!

My 'millenial' son just got made up to consultant at his hospital after 15 years of working like stink. These people are miles better than us grumpy old 'boomers'.

Hardly. Your son is the exception, not the rule. The only generation greater than the boomers is the WWII generation...

Categorically not true!

His sister worked incredibly hard to get a First from Cambridge and is now working mad hours in The City in insurance fraud prevention. His one cousin got a First in Forensic Science and is working mad hours building her career in Her Majesty's Constabulary. His other cousin graduated in product design and is working mad hours in a design bureau (with a two hour commute thrown on top!).

All this guff about the lazy millennial generation really doesn't bear scrutiny. They're better educated than us. They work harder than us. They drink less booze and do less dope than we did and they appear to have more ambition than us. The perpetuation of the myth says far more about us, the grumpy boomer generation, than it ever says about them!

Categorically not true!

His sister worked incredibly hard to get a First from Cambridge and is now working mad hours in The City in insurance fraud prevention. His one cousin got a First in Forensic Science and is working mad hours building her career in Her Majesty's Constabulary. His other cousin graduated in product design and is working mad hours in a design bureau (with a two hour commute thrown on top!).

All this guff about the lazy millennial generation really doesn't bear scrutiny. They're better educated than us. They work harder than us. They drink less booze and do less dope than we did and they appear to have more ambition than us. The perpetuation of the myth says far more about us, the grumpy boomer generation, than it ever says about them!

If that was true, then why doesn't this match their stereotype? Stereotypes come from somewhere...and grumpy boomer generation? Never heard that one before...

Last edited:

I'm good with that...thanks for the compliment!

That wasn't a compliment.

Categorically not true!

Thank you. You said that better than I could.

Im 28 with very similar accomplishments as you. Debt free except the house, Investments rolling etc...

I just laugh at some of the comments here...Its easy to tell who the victors and victims are.

No generation defines my success or lack of in life. Thats all on me, and I thank God for that daily.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donnyj08

Im 28 with very similar accomplishments as you. Debt free except the house, Investments rolling etc...

I just laugh at some of the comments here...Its easy to tell who the victors and victims are.

No generation defines my success or lack of in life. Thats all on me, and I thank God for that daily.

01.gif

Every generation seems to think that the next one is going to you know where in a hand basket.

I rent apartments to millenials all the time. They're all usually qualified, I guess the ones that aren't don't even make it to filling out an application.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
They're [censored] lazy. That's what's wrong.

"Some" are lazy. Some are rockstars. There are tons of lazy boomers and Xers also.

I hire almost only millenials in my department because the good ones are rockstars.

^^ this.
m.o.m. -- you, and others here, should not make "absolute" type comments like that. just as some say , since they had a problem with a car/t.v./fridge, the company, and it's products, are a POS. these comments are laughable, since they are wrong/ ignorant, and often, just plain dumb.
if one observes, and talks to people from the millennial, boomer, and older demographics, it's obvious that MANY millenials are lazy, and i'll use the term entitled. much more so than the older demographics.that's fact.notice MANY.it's just the way that society has changed.
they are this way because of lousy/coddling parents.mommy and daddy are to blame, in most instances.
one mentioned the term "in before the lock." I have never understood that comment. if one is going to the trouble to post, then post something intelligent/comical.
if you guys can act like adults, and keep bickering to a minimum, the thread will not get locked.
at any rate, have a good evening, all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back