This is what happens when you trust your life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...in the hands of hamburger-flippers:
You want fries with your $10 MILLION dollar allergic reaction?

crazy.gif
crazy.gif

And yet, he's blaming McDonalds and is now suing them for $10 million greenbacks. What a ----' moron! Let's recap:
HE went to McDonalds
HE put his life into the hands of others, all for a burger
HE didn't check the burger when he started to consume it
HE had an allergic reaction
HE got greedy and is suing for $10mil.

Oi Vay! Too bad he didn't spill hot coffee on his crotch, then he could sue for 2.9 million more!

Gotta love the blood-sucking lawyer quote:
"We're interested in seeing McDonald's take responsibility and change a systemic quality control problem that endangers the lives of up to 12 million Americans with allergies,"

Yeah, you're asking for a business to take responsibility for people's lives rather than those people being the final authority on what goes IN to their bodies.

Common sense says "check the burger" before you eat it. He didn't, now he's blaming others. Gotta love our "take no responsibility for thyself" country we now have.

And people worry about a family that has 17 kids. I sincerely doubt that any member of that family will ever be in court, much less be in court for something so amazingly frivolous.

What an idiot. I check mine for no cheese every time just because I don't like cheese. They get it right about 75% of the time.

I can understand suing for medical costs, but how did this cause him $10 million in damage?

If I was that allergic, I wouldn't even enter the joint (well it would be another excuse not to enter it).

Down here, I think he'd have to sue just to get medical expenses.

And Pain and Emotional suffering aren't compensatable.

The two co-plaintiffs who are suing just because they risked their lives to rush this idiot to the hospital sure are funny. Just call an ambulance and let the ambulance driver take the risk.

By the way, why did he order TWO quarter pounders? Sitting in a dark room and watching a movie sure does take a lot of energy, neh?

Well, if he just sued for the common stupidity of not being able to get the order right for drive through customers ...then I'd support him. Improper filling of drive-through orders is the primary cause of road rage, "going postal", and the heartbreak of psoriasis. That's the way I see it, anyway.

btw-I only see a drive through (be it McD, Wendy's, whatever) a few times a year ..and I don't go in the place(s) otherwise. Though I must admit that I had the " bite burger - shove french fries ..chase with soda - repeat" feeding frenzy" down pretty good for a very long time.

after he bit into the cheese and started having a reaction, the first thing they did was? yes, "called the McDonald's". not 911. was it really an emergency?

i think i should counter sue. they (the drivers) risked my life by driving this guy recklessly to the hospital. i will only sue for $5 million.

It took a few years, but I had a reaction to McDonald's food.

I have swelled up to over 200lbs.

Quote:

I used to be known, in my youth, for throwing incorrectly prepared items at the drive-thru window.
These days, I'm much more mellow.

And life is so much more boring for onlookers.

The real answer is that if he is that allergic to cheese he could get enough in cross-contamination during the cooking process even if they put no cheese on his patty to make him suspicious of any hamburger he ate. The factors in cheese that would cause a severe reaction are in many foods and that person would have to be very wary of a lot of thing that you and I take for granted. He knew going in that hamburgers often have cheese and he should have been more careful. I don't think the court should be a reward system for greedy and stupid people.

the article says that he made five attempts to prevent mcd's from putting cheese on the burger. however, none of the five attempts was actually looking at the burger.

If this lawsuit doesn't pan out, he can always sue Mc Donald's for the coffee being too hot. This is a known winner, and will net him a few million, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back