this is what happens when you dont change oil often!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is what my Wifes SuV would look like, if I wasn't around.

All she does is!
1. Jump in
2. Start it
3. Let it run for a min
4. Puts it in gear
5. Go! Go! Go!

Gas and oil? What the He11 is that?
Thats my husbands job.

You mean that 110,000 mile tune-up doesn't include the motor oil?

crushedcar.gif

I used valvoline for 60k and 3k oci in my 92 mitsu, it was light brown varnish. nothing like that!

My favorite post from that thread.

Quote, originally posted by briq4 »
Yes I am, it's Amsoil and it's the extended life oil. Only thing to change is the filter. They've run the tests and it holds up it's viscosity and doesn't break down so therefore I am following their schedule. And the mileage willl come before the time as I've had the car since November 11,2004 and it's got 18,000 miles on it now.
://ww.amsoil.c

Quote frome old skool
F23Coupe
"
Why would you do that to a new car? New cars need break-ins perferably with straight SAE-30 weight oil. So in other words, you left your original SAE-30 oil for 18,000 miles so far with only 2 filter changes? You've got to be kidding me. Even with Amsoil, I wouldn't do that to a new engine. You should break it in for a few thousand miles first with conventional oil then switch over. There's a reason why you don't break in with synthetics... you can't break your engine in properly with 'em!
"

One more from there
"ALL oil loses viscosity over time. I can't stress that enough. You NEED to change that oil! As a matter of fact, if you told a dealer that you haven't changed the oil -- just the filter they'd consider voiding your warranty."

lol.gif

That person definitely makes us look good.

-

This is what my Corolla engine looked like after 205,000 miles, and it never saw an engine flush:

-

Assuming that engine still ran, is there any conceivable way to actually clean that out of there and save the engine, short of tearing it down and cleaning it piece by piece? Where would you start, if it was even worthwhile!?

That looks like it might even be beyond the capabilities of the mighty A-RX!
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Kix:
Now that is what my Wifes SuV would look like, if I wasn't around.

All she does is!
1. Jump in
2. Start it
3. Let it run for a min
4. Puts it in gear
5. Go! Go! Go!

Gas and oil? What the He11 is that?
Thats my husbands job.

lol.gif
lol.gif

My wife is one better

1. startputitingearmashtheacceleratorandgogogo.

It's one fluid motion and if you don't pay close attention you'd swear you were in a time warp....
pat.gif

I had a Plymouth with the Mitsu 3.0 that had massive buildup on the head like that...except the cam was still clean and the oil passages weren't blocked.

It still ran pretty good...wish I knew of Auto RX when I had it cause it wouldn't have mattered to me if it died in the process.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
slalom44: What did you use in your Toyota, Mobil 1? Looks good.

I used mostly SuperTech 5W- or 10W-30 oil and SuperTech filters for the last 85,000 miles. Before that I don't know because I bought the car used. The car saw a few oil changes with Chevron Supreme as well but it never saw any synthetic oil. On average, I changed the oil between 3000 and 3500 miles, and it saw mostly highway miles, so it didn't get any abuse.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by slalom44:

quote:

I used mostly SuperTech 5W- or 10W-30 oil and SuperTech filters for the last 85,000 miles. Before that I don't know because I bought the car used. The car saw a few oil changes with Chevron Supreme as well but it never saw any synthetic oil. On average, I changed the oil between 3000 and 3500 miles, and it saw mostly highway miles, so it didn't get any abuse.
smile.gif

Sure is a pretty clean engine.

That motor is real bad. That was just a little varnished build-up. When the is changed at 150,000 miles the new oil should clean that rite up. Don't sweat it
cool.gif

The boyfriend has a 90 corsica that has 184,000 miles on it
crushedcar.gif
. When I first met him it had 179,000 miles on it. He bought it with 168,000 miles and had thought up to then that because he had to add oil that he didn't have to change it
gr_eek2.gif
nono.gif
. Now I got the car on a diet of mobil delvac 15W-40 and AC filters every 3,000 miles
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by slalom44:

quote:

smile.gif

Sweet Pic
grin.gif

Looks like a good synthetic like M1 was run in there for 205K,not the much maligned dino Supertech!

Preventive maintenance,there is no substitute
cool.gif

That sludged up Honda I would drop an entire bottle of N* 131 and drive it 500-1000 miles! Then I would do an Auto-Rx treatment!

I guess Im the only one who thinks someone "photoshopped" the picture? I dont think its real, doesnt look real to me. The engine is way to clean on the outside, and the specs of "sludge" on the cover where it says hot look way to painted on to me. Just my opinion.

Why would a sludged up engine need to be dirty on the outside?
Here I lightened the image up for you... looks real to me.
 -

Sorry about the size I am limited in my phot sizing skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back