This is weird - uneven dust accumulation?

UncleDave

$100 Site Donor 2024
Its also a bit weird (to some) I have stainless steel furniture, but thats another subject.

look at the dust level between the armoire and the dresser.

Same interval.

The top on the dresser has near none. The armoire a noticeable layer every week.

There is a ceiling fan in the room running 24x7 AND an air cleaner cleaned weekly - I use a whole house fan at night and both pieces are equally in the airflow.

All I can think of is that the armoire has a slightly different steel content thats somehow cheered a bit electrically, or the large amount of clothes in it somehow imparts a static charge??

Help me guys......

IMG_3128.jpeg
IMG_3127.jpeg

Static charge is a good guess. As I'm sure you are aware, there are electrostatic air filters that use the electrical charge generated by the airflow, to attract particulates, instead of using a restrictive, fine-pore filter media.

Static charge is a good guess. As I'm sure you are aware, there are electrostatic air filters that use the electrical charge generated by the airflow, to attract particulates, instead of using a restrictive, fine-pore filter media.

Very familiar - there's an electrostatic in the room.

I have two of them operating full time in the house, a blueair 650E, and a Merv 16 carbon impregnated HVAC filter.

The electrostatics weekly capture is impressive.

IMG_3107.jpeg

Back