This Is the F-36 Kingsnake. It Could Be the Air Force's Next Fighter Jet

How about this P63 ;)
665rr.jpg

"...Such a jet doesn’t exist—yet—but thanks to new digital engineering techniques, it could actually enter service before 2030..."

Apparently this guy doesn't realize we were using computer-aided design and analysis techniques since the mid-sixties.

At Boeing we used CATIA and at least 5 other computer platforms to design, analyze, and simulate various aerospace designs.

Last edited:
I like 'what if' exercises as much a the next guy, but if it's just a few guys and an artist coming up with an F- designation, a name and a picture based on nothing but their imaginations then it serves no purpose other than entertainment value. And I'm fine with that... as long as it's presented that way.

It's probably way off what will actually fly, but it has F-16XL written all over that cranked-arrow wing. Put an F-22 engine in a light fighter like that and you'd have some serious performance that might give the F-22 or Typhoon a heck of a time in a visual 1 v 1 fight. Of course, that would require the F-22 having its right arm tied behind its back, but I'm just talking all out raw performance.

It would probably have quite an advantage over an F-16 in both range and payload, too. I'd also expect it to super cruise.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of it!

"...Such a jet doesn’t exist—yet—but thanks to new digital engineering techniques, it could actually enter service before 2030..."

Apparently this guy doesn't realize we were using computer design and analysis techniques since the mid-sixties.

At Boeing we used CATIA and at least 5 other computer platforms to design, analyze, and simulate various aerospace designs.
I don't think he's heard bout how the 777 came to be 😂

Back