This is how I know the economy is going sour......

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about outspanked and outlashed?
grin2.gif
You only need two!

I get assaulted on a daily basis. It's all good. Anyone who hangs it out there is going to run across someone who wants to lop it off. Don't take it personally. We "ams what we ams". They don't have to read your posts if they don't want to. If you don't have a problem with it ....they can go stifle themselves.

You will have a tendency to pickup some skills the more you dwell in a text based environment. It's sorta like osmosis. Most of us weren't truly raised with the idea that these skills were all that important. We were socialized by our surroundings. Those that hung in environments where the skills were used/required, developed them more than those who didn't. I can't say that the topic was all that exciting.

Edit: ..and let me get my hands on the literary major that failed at writing the Great American Novel and used the alumni association to get them a political patronage job producing government forms
mad.gif

Oh for Christ's sake. I'm going to keep doing it anyway. I've always kind of known, I just slacked off for a few years when things got rough. I'm really not that out of shape anymore actually. [censored] it!

(said in a manner not unlike the Zappa lyric where the funny voice says, "but I have de crystal ball")

But you had that Nietzsche guy
54.gif
That's like Navy Seal training for the extreme "special-ly" educated (
grin2.gif
&
thankyou2.gif
) After surviving that, you can be out of shape and still rhetorically kick butt.

I've still got my eyes open to a lot of things, but these "side projects" just aren't as consuming as they used to be. I might literally have just gotten used to it, which is super cool. I've got a few new projects lined up for myself "just in case" (not saying I won't do them anyway), so we'll see how this goes. The stress alone (I'll attribute it to that here for the sake of brevity) has knocked off about 20 lbs, no joke. I'm actually still having a lot of fun.

The last 12 posts were between Julian, Oil Pants, and Gary Allan.

I've got nothing constructive to say. I was just worried of those three posted 13 consecutive posts, BITOG would swallowed whole in the massive tear of the space-time continuum.

Add in StevieC, and you have the Fearsome Foursome Of BITOG.

BTW, I top up all the time. With gas prices fluctuating sometimes 25% in a week, I don't want to drop all that cash at one time if I can avoid it. If prices drop $.05 or so, I'll buy $10 worth, no problem. Chances are it will go up $.10 in a few days anyway.

There's no real work around when your mileage is constant and the price is unstable on the upswing. You can pay the piper in incremental increases ..losing out on the bigger cheaper fuel purchase last week, or get slammed with sticker shock at the new price that appeared at the next fill up.

Now if you're so broke that you don't do some driving ..then you can save some money. Most of us have mandatory driving that makes our elective driving negligible in comparison.

Originally Posted By: Oilpants
I don't want to be spanked or tongue lashed by anyone do you????
I'm sure hookers are feelin' the pinch too and have to reduce their fees . Blue light special !
spankme2.gif
ing the monkey now $15 ( was $50 ) using your credit card . Priceless !

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crinkles
i think julian = mori (2.0???)

No, not even close.

"He's my bother and my sister ..and my father ..and he's you..

"..." ..ah ..never mind.

Originally Posted By: Julian
Originally Posted By: crinkles
i think julian = mori (2.0???)
What's that supposed to mean?
smirk2.gif

i meant it in a good way! LOL.

I dont let my fuel get below the half way point, and I always fill up. I was always told to keep the fuel at half or more to help keep the fuel pump cool.

Huh?

I'm going to be stimulating my local economy to the tune of several hundred dollars in car repair tomorrow. Keeping the grease monkeys fed.

Also, there are a lot more people applying to college/graduate school/continuing education programs. The class that started this fall in my graduate program have much more polished credentials than me or my class that entered a year ago. Some of them are entering with more experience in the field or a related field than I do after more than a year of full-time schooling. And I heard that many applicants who would have been accepted for my class were turned away. Makes me glad for the future, and that I entered my program when I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back