This is Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you know I love this community. I've learned to dial back my posting and not "advertise" as much. Hecklers. Anyways..

I'll share this much, so those that know me can know what I'm endeavoring - again, without putting myself out there TOO much, for the colorful crowd:

afe7af8fdf03d273d2e7ef45cf741765.jpg

So. I won't post in this thread too much either, but if anyone has questions... PM really is the best, before information or misinformation (depends on the source) put here gets spread like fire in wind, but if anyone has anything positive or encouraging for me, please let me know.. I dislike negativity.

Thanks.

a5f6e0022d10e3b77657219d9f451a07.jpg

Your Leonard Pitts quote inspired me to post some Thomas Sowell quotes in this forum. Thank you.

I hope it is Day One for you.

It will be once you move on and start making better decisions. Collecting junky cars is like alcoholism for you. An alcoholic won't ever get better as long as they're dreaming about booze. Joseph won't ever get better as long as he's dreaming about jalopies.

You've got to give up the jalopies if you want to ever be successful. I hope you can.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
I hope it is Day One for you.

It will be once you move on and start making better decisions. Collecting junky cars is like alcoholism for you. An alcoholic won't ever get better as long as they're dreaming about booze. Joseph won't ever get better as long as he's dreaming about jalopies.

You've got to give up the jalopies if you want to ever be successful. I hope you can.

Your post is well-received. The first place I walked up to was House of Grace in Adel (phonetically, that's "Ay-Dell" not like Adele the singer, I learned) and that place is a program for recovering alcoholics or other users. And you heard it on Oprah but it's true... one addiction is no better an another. You can be addicted to money, tomfoolery, power, food, any number of things drugs.. the addiction is the addiction. But the Volvo will live again.. just will wait.

I think you trying to say "You can't polish a turd."

They also put the phone up for awhile, so. Day 1 is Good'

Thanks!
thumbsup2.gif

Stage Zero Plus. My own little drug. On the backburner...

Good luck, GHT. Assuming you went to rehab or similar? I have a BIL that has had drug problems since high school, has spent the last 3 years in state prison after holding up 2 pharmacies for OxyContin, he's heading to a halfway house here in Cincinnati in roughly a month, it's been tough on everybody. Prison may have saved his life, though.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Good luck, GHT. Assuming you went to rehab or similar? I have a BIL that has had drug problems since high school, has spent the last 3 years in state prison after holding up 2 pharmacies for OxyContin, he's heading to a halfway house here in Cincinnati in roughly a month, it's been tough on everybody. Prison may have saved his life, though.

Welllll...... no, not quite rehab. I'm in a shelter due to a legitimate homeless situation and of my own free will. Rehab is for those that need the help with substances or addictions. I'm simply changing where my plan has taken me.

I did stop over in NC, after having second thoughts of revisiting Florida (not impressed with that State.) Then, upon shelter services there, a guy was singing the praises of Savannah. So... rekindled an old flame, living now in Atlanta "area." Went there, intent on starting over at ATL area m

*In ATL area, when a trip to Valdosta came up. Cool. Water pump puked just before the trip. ATL to Valdota.... cool. Then, on way back: Sparks, Barnesville Rd. Now I'm around there and in a SHELTER.

Time to put up phone. Later.

I think the majority of us hope that you are able to find a constructive path towards a better future.

I personally hope that this is a step along that path.

Cheers,
Astro

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I think the majority of us hope that you are able to find a constructive path towards a better future.

I personally hope that this is a step along that path.

Cheers,
Astro

+2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back