This is actually fun. It's kinda like a big treasure hunt !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a little trip across the river today, into northern Kentucky, in search of new AZ's, and some GREEN. The first stop was a dissapointment, just one quart of M02 vintage. The second stop netted me a whole four quarts of M04 vintage. The third stop REALLY sucked, they had nothing but yellow label crap. After three stops and only five quarts of green, I almost headed home, but decided instead to hit one more AZ.
banghead.gif
After a twenty minute drive, I found six quarts of M04 goodness. so the net haul for today was 11 quarts of green GC, all M04 but one. That brings my total up to 30 quarts of green GC, and 9 quarts of gold GC (with another 7 quarts of gold in the crankcase of the S4). This is a freakin' addiction!!
gr_eek2.gif

I know the feeling. I was down in the city today for other reasons and stopped at a nearby AZs, and qts and qts of the stuff
gr_stretch.gif
!!! But... there were yellow labelled '02 qts sitting in front of the others. So the stuff is not moving. I'm going back when I need some. Restraint is needed y'all. The Gold is out there. (BTW -if you want to know locations, PM me).

[ December 03, 2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: rg144 ]

I had a great encounter today at one of the Kentucky AZ's. As I was standing in line with my four quarts of green, the guy standing in line ahead of me says:

him: That the synthetic stuff?
me: Yeah
him: You know that once you use that stuff, you can't go back to real oil?
me: Ahhhh...That's just a myth, but thanks anyway.

I could not wait to pay and get the **** out of there.
pat.gif
Oh, and it's still only $3.99/quart!

quote:

You got that right. I've planned my Christmas road trip to the inlaws to go by 6 more AZ's. I've altered my normal departure times to allow for the treasure hunt.

lol.gif
lol.gif
Busted, I've done the same thing. I'm now up to 80 qts. I'm done for the season as Christmas shopping now takes priority and I've got enough. Maybe.....
banghead.gif

It's so funny when they use the term "zero weight oil" since there really is no such thing as zero weight.

There is no such viscosity as 5 weight either for that matter. The first number is not actually a viscosity number, but just an arbitrary number which correlates to how well it performs on the cold cranking test. And if an oil passes the test to get the 0w designation, it can technically be labelled a 5w or even a 10w if the oil company wants to do it that way (sort of like how Schaeffer's 15w40 can technically be labelled a 10w40 if they want to, but the 15w40 is a popular choice for a lot of it's customers, while the 10w40 designation might scare them off)

Well, for what it's worth, while I'm no GC fanatic (addict?), I did check the shelf at AutoZone last night, because every Bitoger has to keep his eyes open. I saw plenty GC, Made in Germany. They looked like new bottles with some "edge blah blah" advertising slogan on it. Don't know if the stuff was green, the ghetto AutoZonelers were keeping a close watch and I didn't want to get caught peeking on a Saturday evening.
wink.gif

I also saw a decent supply of GC 5W-40 sidling up to Syntec 5W-50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back