This can't be right- rural Illinois Ford Dealer's website shows 502 new Fords in stock

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
A few weeks ago due to a accident on I94 in Wisconsin, GPS rerouted me through Western Northern Illinois on my way to Seattle.

Driving between Rockford, Illinois and Dubuque, IA I saw a new car dealer, which I thought was a Ford dealer with a lot full of NEW vehicles on their lot. The lot was bursting at the seams with new vehicles. Earlier today I decided to try and find this dealership and review their new car inventory. I was unable to locate the dealership.....

In doing this I came across Kunes Ford in Mount Carroll, IL. Kunes web-site shows 502 new Fords in stock. No way can this be possible. My initial guess is this is part of a larger dealer group, and all the new Fords combined are a quantity of 502.

Nonetheless- I am a big proponent that if someone needs a new vehicle, Illinois is likely the best state in the nation to find one. Illinois has a huge new car dealer network, a declining population, and worst year over year pay growth for workers in the nation.

Last edited:
One of the used car dealers here in West KY says they have over 400 trucks available at their several lots. All you have to do is qualify for a mortgage and you can drive off in one.

Screenshot 2022-06-01 180105.jpg

Don't have to guess - right on the page you can select from 4 other dealership locations.

The dealerships group web page shows they have 5 locations with the Mount Carrol location being the smallest of them with 21 on the lot...

Reactions: CKN
Don't have to guess - right on the page you can select from 4 other dealership locations.

The dealerships group web page shows they have 5 locations with the Mount Carrol location being the smallest of them with 21 on the lot...
Glad you found it... I am back on their web-site and still don't see the three other dealers in their auto group. I am sure you are spot on.

Click on view window sticker 8 to 10 grand over on truck's some 20k.

Last edited:
Recent trip to the local Mazda dealer revealed a lot full of SUVs. Not one new 3, 6 or Miata in sight.
I suspect now that all the auto manufacturers are tooled up for high margin bad mileage trucks and SUVs, public demand has shifted back to cars that get better mileage. Look for the bottom to fall out on trucks and SUVs in the near future.

Recent trip to the local Mazda dealer revealed a lot full of SUVs. Not one new 3, 6 or Miata in sight.
I suspect now that all the auto manufacturers are tooled up for high margin bad mileage trucks and SUVs, public demand has shifted back to cars that get better mileage. Look for the bottom to fall out on trucks and SUVs in the near future.
or hybrid small suv.. examples
hyundai tuscon, rav4, cr-4, corolla cross hybrid
all over 35mpg.

Not that I'm drooling but the corolla cross hybrid is MUCH more interesting than the gasser.. with more hp and 5+ mpg better.

Our local Ford dealer only has one new truck on the lot and about a dozen other new vehicles. It's been this way for a while. The Chevy and Dodge dealerships are the same way. Hardly any inventory.

It's like Virginia. They ban hunting on Sunday, but allow corruption on that day.
Nah, we've been able to hunt private land on Sundays for a few years now. I think they just passed a law allowing Sunday hunting on public lands, too.

Chick-Fil-A's are still closed on Sunday, though. :ROFLMAO:

Our local Ford dealer only has one new truck on the lot and about a dozen other new vehicles. It's been this way for a while. The Chevy and Dodge dealerships are the same way. Hardly any inventory.
This Ford dealer group has 502 new Fords among its five rural dealerships.... My gut tells me one can purchase from one of these Illinois rural dealerships with an opportunity of not paying the current new car "super premium" above MSRP.

Reactions: wtd

Not only those, but Kunes has a lot of other locations elsewhere in rural northern IL and in Wisconsin. Over a dozen that I am aware of, and they're actually headquartered in WI. They are one of the biggest dealers in the Midwest. It's not hard to imagine them having 502 vehicles over all those locations, especially if you count the ones listed as "in transit" (which most dealers seem to do).

This Ford dealer group has 502 new Fords among its five rural dealerships.... My gut tells me one can purchase from one of these Illinois rural dealerships with an opportunity of not paying the current new car "super premium" above MSRP.

Looking at the website, they are applying incentives to bring their price down to the MSRP on many vehicles - meaning their actual price is well above MSRP just like the rest of the market is...

F150's look like they are running 5-6k above MSRP.

Back