This '05 is for YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad News....I just bought a bottle of 05 GC on Saturday with M0504 production date and it is brown not green...looks like those stashes may be worth having now...unless some of Terry's tests suggests this has some magic in it as welll...I think the elves may be on Holiday

quote:

Originally posted by pb11:
Bad News....I just bought a bottle of 05 GC on Saturday with M0504 production date and it is brown not green...looks like those stashes may be worth having now...unless some of Terry's tests suggests this has some magic in it as welll...I think the elves may be on Holiday

I found 40 quarts of GC M04 at different AZ's this weekend. Bought them all!

When I first ran GC in my VW last winter it wasn't as green as i've seen on the pics here.Brown with a greenish tint
rolleyes.gif

The late 04 batch I am running now is however very green
grin.gif
!

I think the 05 stuff is really a carry over from late 04 stuff.Newest 05 stuff isn't green
frown.gif

Does anyone know if the newer 05 brown stuff still has the A3 rating on the back label?

Alan,

The back label of the Amber 0504 batch that I have is identical to the 04 batches of green GC that I have. In fact without the batch numbers it would be impossible to distinguish these bottles without looking at the oile inside. Yes the rating information is identical and it is A3 rated.

quote:

Originally posted by pb11:
Alan,

The back label of the Amber 0504 batch that I have is identical to the 04 batches of green GC that I have. In fact without the batch numbers it would be impossible to distinguish these bottles without looking at the oile inside. Yes the rating information is identical and it is A3 rated.

V_e_r_y I_n_t_e_r_e_s_t_i_n_g I really don't think this is a Castrol "sting," but I would like to know which updated formula they have gone to. (I believe that is what we are dealing with here as long as the oil is still from Germany and A3 rated.)

[ March 28, 2005, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by B00SS:
But Pscholte, what about it being a thinner oil? I am very worried about the reports that the amber oil is thinner.

If I am not mistaken to be A3 rated it has to have an HT/HS at a minimum of 3.4 or 3.5 (probably the latter). I am not concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back