Thinking of selling our 2011 BMW 328i M Sport sedan. Anyone interested?

Majority of the ppl are going to base the cars price of KBB valuing it under “good condition”. So, $10k to them will be a lot. But to an enthusiast, I don’t think $10k is a lot for that E90.

slo town

Here is just one example of the kind of thing you'd get with my car, versus ANYTHING ELSE on the market. Every single receipt and written note on everything done to the car, even items I ordered for "garage stock".
Yes it's very nice but the seller is irrelevant unless owned by a celebrity or infamous character as to it's value. Try listing on Bring A Trailer. They are known for cars bringing crazy prices.
We may not be celebrities, but we are most certainly better than most owners, especially the anonymous owners of cars flipped, bought at auction, or bought from used car dealerships. The attached picture shows the only two people who have driven the car since we bought it, and I've driven it 90% of the time.
That's always a risk...being hit. I'll take that small risk and buy a well documented, well taken care of car.
Seriously. If I thought I could sell my Touareg it'd be worth the trip.
I'd be on this if I were just a state or two away but it's a long drive back home and I freaking hate the construction that is persistent on I40 in the southwest.
Thank you, gentlemen.

I have 100% confidence in the car and have the records to justify that belief.

The net of it all, I can either sell it for $10K or keep it.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_4520.jpeg
    IMG_4520.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4523.jpeg
    IMG_4523.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4522.jpeg
    IMG_4522.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is just one example of the kind of thing you'd get with my car, versus ANYTHING ELSE on the market. Every single receipt and written note on everything done to the car, even items I ordered for "garage stock".

We may not be celebrities, but we are most certainly better than most owners, especially the anonymous owners of cars flipped, bought at auction, or bought from used car dealerships. The attached picture shows the only two people who have driven the car since we bought it, and I've driven it 90% of the time.

Thank you, gentlemen.

I have 100% confidence in the car and have the records to justify that belief.

The net of it all, I can either sell it for $10K or keep it.

Scott
Wow a whole binder full of service records and everything? All I have is a folder full of maintenance records and repairs. Binder otw 😂

slo town

I bet you also don't have a picture of Scott and Sue. :ROFLMAO:

This is one bizarre thread even for BITOG..................................
I posted the picture of my wife and me to show our E90 wasn’t driven and beaten up by some 16 year old high school kid. Perhaps it wasn’t the proper thing to do.

Apologies if it came across wrong,

Scott

GON

$50 Site Donor
Have a same situation as the OP. Bought me Wife a 2008 BMW 335i loaded with options. In the military we move every two-three years. Shortly after buying we moved to northern states, and that has been the trend over the past ten years.

So I have a 50+ female driven loaded BMW 335i coupe with 32k miles. Not a scratch- needs not a thing, has never had a issue except a battery, probably because I left the trickle charger off it for a winter. The car has never seen snow or rain. The car sticker at 55k, and inside still has the new car smell.

I don't think I can get 10k for it. So I just keep it. Drive it around the block every month. Garbage can sits in front of it. At some point- it is mentally easier to keep a near perfect car than to try and sell it for "market value".

Attached picture was taken this morning. Hood is up for the battery tender...... When we move, I don't even drive it- I put in on my car hauler.

A few cars are worth more than so called book value. I believe the OP may be one of them. If I was in need of a car, his would be one I would definitely pay over book value for. On the other hand- if the OPs car was from NY, IL, etc..... I would not even consider buying it at a much lower price. But a California car......... often worth much more than book value. We bought my Wife's used Acura RDX from Sacramento, CA. One of the main reasons was it was a lifetime California car, always maintained at the dealership it was bought new from.

PXL_20201228_124039981.jpg

slo town

OP here:

With the new year here, I am on a mission to lighten my load and simplify my life. I have an old saying, "If I can't find it or forget that I have it, it's of no use to me".

Would anyone be interested in $7500 for the E90? I haven't shopped the car around aside from this thread. In other words, I'm not desperate. Selling the car is a simple matter of garage space and having to keep four vehicles immaculately maintained. I'm 68 in March. Maintaining four cars has become a bit more work than I'm interested in at this stage of my life. In addition to the cars, I work like hired help in the yard and maintain a fully landscaped one acre lot. All of this is feeling like more work than it used to. :)

I *might* even consider selling our Honda Element as well, but that's a bit of a long shot. 223K miles, but meticulously maintained. Like the E90, it needs nothing.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_2913.jpeg
    IMG_2913.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0924.jpeg
    IMG_0924.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 36
OP here:

With the new year here, I am on a mission to lighten my load and simplify my life. I have an old saying, "If I can't find it or forget that I have it, it's of no use to me".

Would anyone be interested in $7500 for the E90? I haven't shopped the car around aside from this thread. In other words, I'm not desperate. Selling the car is a simple matter of garage space and having to keep four vehicles immaculately maintained. I'm 68 in March. Maintaining four cars has become a bit more work than I'm interested in at this stage of my life. In addition to the cars, I work like hired help in the yard and maintain a fully landscaped one acre lot. All of this is feeling like more work than it used to. :)

I *might* even consider selling our Honda Element as well, but that's a bit of a long shot. 223K miles, but meticulously maintained. Like the E90, it needs nothing.

Scott
The price for that E90 is quite tempting. I would seriously consider it except I already bought my new car earlier this year.

That Chevron looks familiar. Is it the one off 101 near the McDonald's and Taco Bell?

CKN

No doubt it's a nice car and well taken care of. The issue is that many on here have posted vehicles listed on CraigsList or the like that were above KBB looking for "advice" And the prevalent quote on here is-"I'm not buying that car over KBB" regardless of what's shape it's in.

Good luck with the sell. Posting on here however is a waste of time.

Thanks, and I agree. I posted it on BITOG because people know how I maintain my vehicles.

Scott
Yeah good luck with the sale. Now that you have it below retail, you'll probably have decent luck selling it on places like Craigslist, Facebook marketplace or the regular sites like cars, autotrader, cargurus, etc. Less than 1k have seen your post so yeah, waste of time here.

Nick1994

$50 Site Donor
I'm not a German car guy. But I'd buy that car in a heartbeat. I owe too much on the Genesis to depart with it.

Seriously, one of you BITOG guys needs to pick this thing up and carry on Scott's ownership legacy of this thing.

I wouldn't sell it here, probably end up with somebody that does annual oil changes and runs two OCI's on one filter. :eek:

I just sold a 16 year old 2wheel drive Tundra with 220k miles for $8500.

This BMW is worth that, if not more. So clean and well kept. If I didn’t already have an E90...

ZF or GM transmission? It looks like a 2011 could have either.

Last edited:

cos

slo town,​

Beautiful car and I do think it's worth more because of your excellent maintenance and snow free location. I too take excellent care of my vehicles and look favorably on those who do the same - it's worth the effort in the long run. The binder full of service records is icing on the cake.

Would not be East European of me not to give my car selling advice(2cents worth).
BMW is not a cheap guys' car. It is expensive. It is a poster car.
It is as close to a dream car as most come.
It could easily be worth it to a fan(BMW guy) or a younger guy/girl.
Any BMW can appreciate(in a few decades time), well except the 1series coupes maybe.
Ask your 10k and keep it up there for a month or two.
As a single repair can cost a few grand, your by the book maintenance is
worth some of that upfront.

Last edited: