Thinking of selling our 2011 BMW 328i M Sport sedan. Anyone interested?

Hello:

My wife retired this past May. We have four cars, which is one too many with her being retired.

Is anyone interested in buying our 2011 BMW E90 328i M sport sedan? It has a six speed auto with paddle shifters and rev matching. 95K miles. Alpine white with saddle interior. Sunroof. Never smoked in. Tinted windows.

Those of you familiar with me know I take exceptionally good care of my cars. I just replaced the cam cover and gasket, plus water pump and thermostat; all with BMW OEM parts. This was done as part of my routine, pre-emptive maintenance, not because of failure. I recently installed a new BMW OEM windshield as well (a rock chip, but it was right in my line of sight), plus a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

We bought it BMW certified pre-owned with 22K miles on it. Since owning it's had a regular diet of 3K to 5K engine oil changes using Euro Castrol 0W-30 or 0W-40, I bleed the brakes every two years with Pentosin DOT 4 LV, coolant has been changed twice using BMW OEM and distilled water, trans fluid has been changed 4 or 5 times via pan drain, trans filter twice via pan removal, diff oil changed twice, etc. In other words it's been very well maintained. The original owner lived in AZ, we live in CA. So, not much rain and no snow. Car is garaged, and most times it's covered while in the garage!

I usually buy cars new, but long story short I needed a car ASAP and bought this one instead. At the time, BMW recommended 15K OCIs. I hate that. So did the original owner apparently. The BMW sales person showed my the maintenance records before I purchased and the original owner had two "owner requested early oil changes" at 9K intervals. Good stuff.

I have extensive records for the car, the original advertisement, all maintenance, etc. Buy it, I will give you all the records. They are organized in a large 3-ringed binder. I have the complete set of owners manuals as well.

I am 100% confident it is one of the nicest 328i's in the entire country at this mileage. My wife and I have been the only two drivers since we've owned it.

$10K firm. The car must go to a good home. It's far too nice, way too nice, to be a first car for some high school student.

If anyone is interested, PM me. I can provide additional info and photos via that channel.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_3214.jpeg
    IMG_3214.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_3235.jpeg
    IMG_3235.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2091.jpeg
    IMG_2091.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1793 copy.JPG
    IMG_1793 copy.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1794 2 copy.JPG
    IMG_1794 2 copy.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1797 copy.JPG
    IMG_1797 copy.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1386.jpeg
    IMG_1386.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 240
  • E90 at 95K.jpeg
    E90 at 95K.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1780.jpeg
    IMG_1780.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3376.jpeg
    IMG_3376.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 240
****, if I hadn't brought my E90 2 years ago, I would've definitely hoped on this one. That color combo is gorgeous.

Whoever buys this E90 wont have to worry about the common issues the E90 comes with (oil leaks and the water pump) or fluid changes.

Good luck man :)

Last edited:
But, "The car must go to a good home. It's far too nice, way too nice, to be a first car for some high school student." Come on now, you're not selling your dog.
?

He can choose how he sells his cars, just like you can choose how you sell yours. Vetting the possible owner as someone who is appreciative of the care he has put into the car is reasonable IMHO.

Sheesh.

"A lot of anxiety" about the previous history of a car is easily discharged in this case. No possible fly-by-night repairs made in an effort to make a quick buck.....

Best of luck to the OP'r.

But, "The car must go to a good home. It's far too nice, way too nice, to be a first car for some high school student." Come on now, you're not selling your dog.

This isn't some auto auction special being sold out of someone's basement on Craigslist with pictures of it taken in front of some rich guy's house down the road.

It appears to be an exceptionally well kept and maintained E90. There's someone out there looking for this car, and they'd be more than happy to pay a $1500 premium for its condition. Those who know, know.

Good luck with the sale, Scott. Someone's getting a good car. Let me know when the 330 is up for sale. :cool:

slo town

$8,500 is full retail
Maybe for the typical used E90, but not mine.
Is there a full-size spare under the trunk floor or is that temporary all it has?
No. The car came with run flats. Besides the temporary spare that you see, I have a high quality scissors jack, Gorilla wrench, etc. under the truck mat. Everything you need.
"A lot of anxiety" about the previous history of a car is easily discharged in this case. No possible fly-by-night repairs made in an effort to make a quick buck.....

Exactly. Thank you.

Scott

It appears to be an exceptionally well kept and maintained E90. There's someone out there looking for this car, and they'd be more than happy to pay a $1500 premium for its condition. Those who know, know.
The only problem with paying a premium is that if you're driving it down the road and some idiot crashes into you, the insurance company only pays you full retail so you lose that extra $1500. I just like to pay between average and full trade in, full retail includes sales at those buy here/pay here places.

That's always a risk...being hit. I'll take that small risk and buy a well documented, well taken care of car.
Around here I think I average a hit every 2-3 years. Had one car totaled and had to buy it back and get it rebuilt as salvage. Otherwise, mostly get rear ended or T-boned but at slower city speeds so not really totaled. One reason why I don't care if the cars are accident free or not, very unlikely in the city.

?

He can choose how he sells his cars, just like you can choose how you sell yours. Vetting the possible owner as someone who is appreciative of the care he has put into the car is reasonable IMHO.

Sheesh.

It's a common car, not a priceless piece of art. You're saying if some bloke comes over with $10,000 cash in hand, he won't just hand over the title right then? The seller is going to interview the buyer as to how they will drive it, will it be garaged, what shop will do the servicing, what is their blood type and perhaps even ask for a stool sample before selling it to them?

It's a common car, not a priceless piece of art. You're saying if some bloke comes over with $10,000 cash in hand, he won't just hand over the title right then? The seller is going to interview the buyer as to how they will drive it, will it be garaged, what shop will do the servicing, what is their blood type and perhaps even ask for a stool sample before selling it to them?
How many of these cars have you seen in this condition?

There is nothing common about any of Scott's cars.