Thinking of going back to carburetor

Carbs are pretty simple and rarely quit out of the blue if there is a problem. It may not run too good, but at least it runs. If a F.I. has a problem like a bad sensor, it may not run at all.
A lot of desert racing classes require carbs so the engine dies when flipped. I was told anyway

Edelbrock 625 or 750 electric choke models. I have at least 3 of each on old square body sbc and bbc's.
Q-Jet to square bore adapters are about $20.

For a daily driver the Q-Jet is an excellent carb.
You only have to make sure it's EXACTLY (can't stress that enough) jetted and tuned for your engine and application.
They get their bowl cover warped real easy. People over torque those two front mounting bolts. A .002" feeler gauge inserted at the gasket parting surface will tell you a story. If you can insert the feeler gauge, you're sucking in air.

Yeah back when I rebuilt mine I remember checking for warpage. I would definitely check again. Also i remember epoxying this plug or something that had a tendency to fall out i think.

Edelbrock 625 or 750 electric choke models. I have at least 3 of each on old square body sbc and bbc's.
Q-Jet to square bore adapters are about $20.
I have an edelbrock carb that came on the truck when i bought it. I think it was a 1405 or something like that.

Back