thinking of going a full year on.....

Originally Posted by Duffyjr
phillyFX4 said:
Royal Purple 5W-30 synthetic in a 2008 F 150 5.4L V8 …..did the oil last Sept. 17th 2019 @ 76,100 miles

engine now has 79,500 on odometer and an RP oil filter …..

would you ?

cheers3.gif

What is your OLM at? Just curious.

OLM ?? …..You guys have forgotten more than I'll ever know about engine oil …..yeah, I'm that much of a googan
confused.gif

Originally Posted by phillyFX4
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
phillyFX4 said:
Royal Purple 5W-30 synthetic in a 2008 F 150 5.4L V8 …..did the oil last Sept. 17th 2019 @ 76,100 miles

engine now has 79,500 on odometer and an RP oil filter …..

would you ?

cheers3.gif

What is your OLM at? Just curious.

OLM ?? …..You guys have forgotten more than I'll ever know about engine oil …..yeah, I'm that much of a googan
confused.gif

The best thing you can do for your engine is forget about it.
banana2.gif

would you ?

Did it for 12 years and 68,000 miles with any major brand conventional on sale in a 2006 Matrix (Corolla).
Engine pristine when hit-and-run totaled it.
Doing it with current Tucson using SuperTech Synth.

Last edited:
The best thing you can do for your engine is forget about it.
banana2.gif
[/quote]

lighten up Francis..... I did post I changed my oil 23 times in 12+ years, rotate tires(all 5) every 5K, they dry rot before wearing out …..

just have other interests than knowing every nook and cranny on my F 150.....but I know where to ask important questions like here and these guys ;-)

I'm not really that bad.....

still trying to find out if the '08's do have an OLM, even asked on F150online.com and they aren't sure.....da fuq ?

cheers3.gif

Not knowing the driving conditions, I'd probably run it to 5K miles, and forget about the year. It could easily go over a year under the right driving conditions.

K..... I may not even make it to 5K …..I'll change it in Sept. again

thanks for letting me "pick some brains" ….. not you Gebo
wink.gif

Oh, I do need more brains. What an knucklehead! You can't read my mind. Sometimes I can't read my mind. I forgot to mention I was referring to the OLM. Forget the OLM.

Not your engine. My sincere apologies. I think you should constantly think of your engine every 3K miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gebo
Oh, I do need more brains. What an knucklehead! You can't read my mind. Sometimes I can't read my mind. I forgot to mention I was referring to the OLM. Forget the OLM.

Not your engine. My sincere apologies. I think you should constantly think of your engine every 3K miles.

stop.....Gebo there's a small place to the right of the steering column, about an inch high by 3" wide on the dash that shows the mpg etc. EXCEPT on the FX4 models, why ?, I have no idea

It's just blocked with a piece of plastic on my FX4

that might be where the OLM could be read.....

that's why I asked you guys
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Gebo

stop.....Gebo there's a small place to the right of the steering column, about an inch high by 3" wide on the dash that shows the mpg etc. EXCEPT on the FX4 models, why ?, I have no idea

It's just blocked with a piece of plastic on my FX4

that might be where the OLM could be read.....

that's why I asked you guys
cheers3.gif

34.gif

Back