Thinking about Auto-Rx in the Honda trans

Status
Not open for further replies.
120k, had a few services and never a problen until now. Some shifts are smooth, but some are rough and it even hunts for gears. Thinking about Auto-Rx with a series of Dexron drains. I see the ARX site calls for a complete exchange and even talks about a trans filter. I ain't got no filter. Ideas or experience?

I would add the 6 oz. and do a drain & refill in 1k miles. See how that fluid is & take it from there. I can't imagine that it would harm anything.

I think I would stick to Frank's recommendation. Add 6 oz, drive 1000 miles, have transmission flushed. I would want to be sure that all of the garbage that the Auto Rx loosened up was gone. I wouldn't want some of it floating around to be re-deposited.

I just did the Rx in my 97 Avalon transmission, followed by a DIY full flush and magnefine filter. 152K miles on tranny. Can't say I can tell any difference, but I had a good experience with Rx in the motor oil....

I think I would put it in like RX website says and do the flush after 1000 miles. The flush I did on mine is the first time it has ever been flushed....it was not difficult....
cool.gif

post one year arx versus tranny post

What Autorx does for slipping trannys is amazing. It's not going to fix hard parts but I'm telling you most tranny problems are soft parts like internal clutches. If your Honda Tranny is slipping or showing signs of wear I wouldn't hesitate to use Autorx. I wouldn't bother with the filter change either, just add a few ounces of autorx and worry about the flush later. I truly believe the only way Autorx wouldn't fix this is if it's a problem with the computer. looking forward to hearing your results. Do a search, I believe the best results of all Autorx applications happens in slipping tranny's. Probably because the fix is so noticable, but at any rate I would recommend it.

I put AutRX in my Acura Legend 1989 trans 4 speed automatic with 210k miles. It ran just fine before AutoRX but now the shifts have seemed to firm up in a good way. I think there is less slipping and hunting.

Add the 6 ounces to your transmission and drive between 1,500-2,000 miles. Then do 4 consecutive drain and fills, with 10-15 miles of driving in between, with a cheap Dexron III fluid. After that, drive a few hundred miles and then begin doing 15,000 mile drain-and-fills with a synthetic ATF, such as Amsoil ATF.

Auto-Rx Transmission Application works fast with positive results.
A Dodge Durango owner just called me to tell me how his transmission came back to life after using Auto-Rx. (this in lieu of mechanical band aids ) Shelby you are right.

I had some shifting hang up in my 30rh (Chrysler 904 massaged for whatever reason). There wasn't anything really wrong with it wearwise, just the throttle position valve (the only thing that senses load) would hang up once and a while. Basically it simulated WOT. It wouldn't happen often ..but the other day it plagued me quite a few times. I added Auto-Rx and I haven't had it happen since. I'll be exchanging the fluid in a couple of weeks.

I went with 4oz with the good ATF that's in there. Shifts do seem softer. I'll probally drain after 1500-2000 miles, run clean cheap fluid for a week or two, drain and refill with 4oz again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back