Think YOU have sludge problems???

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why frequent oil changes are a very good idea. The oil in this engine had not been changed in several years, which resulted in serious wear and ultimately a scrap engine." [Freak]

Lightweight sludge [Wink] . You should have seen engines in the days of non-detergent oils! I had an old Dodge truck with a flathead and pulled the side covers off to adjust the valves. The entire cavity was packed!

quote:
You should have seen engines in the days of non-detergent oils! I had an old Dodge truck with a flathead and pulled the side covers off to adjust the valves. The entire cavity was packed!
A sludgepacker then??? Sorry, I just had to say that. . . [Wink] [Razz] [Cheers!]

bkrell

Ah, British humor. Well, for an old Renault V4, that engine is pretty nice. We need to send a few cases of Chemtool and Auto Rx across the pond methinks.

quote:
Wow, this is incredible!!!!!!
A dab of Auto RX should clear that right up..... [LOL!] [crushedcar] Of course, you'd then have to use a spaghetti colander as an "oil" filter.......

I agree about the example of an engine well cared for.... Lots of varnish. Don't know why they give it as an example of an engine that got good care. I guess it is all relative?

Status
Not open for further replies.