Think I am going through a Mid-Mid Life Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most peoples mid life crisis's happen from ages 41-45.
I think, being 22, Im going through sort of a Mid-Midlife crisis.. This happen to anyone else?
Wish in the Army I could have a beard, and hair.
These Cords I am wearing and ringer tee would be awesome with a beard and some nicely permed hair.

Also: Looking at http://www.pjsautoworld.com/1968 Plymouth Road Runner/index.html

Ah well. Back to the BeeGees on Pandora.

Don't spec ops deployed in Afghanistan get to have beards and longer hair to blend with the culture there? There's your route to a beard and more stylish doo.

I don't believe the the midlife crisis. When you get through paying for your home, then your childs college, you finally say hmmm i want to buy somthing for myself. This usually works out so that you have paid for these things about age 50. So you buy something for yourself for a change, and some a-h comes along who is jealous and says " oh he is having a midlife crisis.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
At its the hipster look, can't be a hipster in the Army.

No, I just find that 60s/70s perm look appealing.
When youre told how to cut your hair, you miss the little things in life, ie HAIR lol

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I don't believe the the midlife crisis. When you get through paying for your home, then your childs college, you finally say hmmm i want to buy somthing for myself. This usually works out so that you have paid for these things about age 50. So you buy something for yourself for a change, and some a-h comes along who is jealous and says " oh he is having a midlife crisis.

Very true point.

When you end your tour in your mid-20s you'll bump into old friends who still live in their moms basements and you'll feel MIDLIFE AWESOME!!!

34.gif

the onion on the subject

+1
You get to the point where you can afford to buy a few nice things for the wife and yourself and can afford nice vacations and certain other people can't stand it.

I am biased here because I have a shaved head. Ask yourself this. Will it matter 15 years after you are dead what your hairstyle was? Will your children and grandchildren care about your hair style or how you dressed? Or will they remember how you treated them and your fellow man?

You have a lot going for you. You have a well paying career, a newer car, a older car, 3 meals a day, many other benefits and responsibilities most people will never have. You have a lot more going for you then you realize.

From what I have read about what you have posted here is you suffer from growing up in the ME generation and you are worrisome about external factors that do not matter at all except in your prospective. Continue your hard work and take care of what you can. Everything else will work themselves into fruition with or without your cares.

Some things are better if you wait. Crisis is one of those. Pound that investment account and keep on keeping on. No use buying a lot of stuff that will wind up in deployed storage and parking lots. When you get to mid life, you won't need a crisis because you will be well off financially and have all the resources your family needs.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I am biased here because I have a shaved head. Ask yourself this. Will it matter 15 years after you are dead what your hairstyle was?

Shaved here, too. The nice thing about a shaved head is that such a hairstyle doesn't easily date oneself like a 60s mop, a 70s fro, or an 80s mullet, I guess.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back