Things that sound terrible, but aren't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our language is weird. Reading a recent thread, it struck me that someone into lubrication might take the following phrase the wrong way: "4 ball wear test" If the unassuming reader doesn't follow the context of the thread properly, the sysops will be receiving nastygrams in their inbox. What other things sound bad, but aren't? [ January 22, 2005, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: ToyotaNSaturn ]

"Rear end oil" [Big Grin] If your gay, you might want to try Amsoil's new EP 75w-90 REAR END oil.

"President Bush will have nine balls on inaguration day." Maybe this could be moved to the humor section?

quote:
Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn: sysops
Now there's a word I haven't heard for a while. Brings me back to the old BBS days. I had an argument with a guy over Fram oil filters back then too. He told everybody they were the best on the market [LOL!]

Coffee in cans - "ChockfullofNuts" Gonads - no comment Raw fish, Eating Bush, Wiesswurst, Blood Orange, Mud Pie, Lady Fingers, Babyback ribs [Wink] Rear end oil is terrible, isn't it? Maybe worse - NO rear end oil [freaknout]

Pablo, a radio station down here had a greyhound named "nads"...the punters would urge him on by screaming "Go Nads". Similarly there is a hair removal product sold allegedly for women with hairy eyebrows/top lip, and it's called "Nads". Lastly, and back on topic, there's a poor girl in a neighbouring town...Ophelia Dick. Her brother Sean isn't happy either.

Pablo, what's wrong with Weißwurst? The real one doesn't contain any filler, preservatives, or junk, and it it spoils within a day, so you have to consume it the day you bought it. It's nothing like many other sausages, which are often made with unmentionable body parts.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris142: Nascar driver Dick Trickle. Wonder how life in Elementary and jr hiskool was?
I worked with a guy named Dick Palmer. Then there is always the famous Ima Hogg

You can find your own at www.411.com For instance, Jack Meoff street address not available Ojai, CA 93023-3406 Dick Wanker street address not available Sunnyvale, CA 94087-1235 J*sus Chr*st street address not available Washington, DC 20002-6414 What is the White House zip code? [Big Grin]

quote:
Pablo, what's wrong with Weißwurst? Nothing - I LOVE them!! Look at the title of the thread.........
Yeah, Pablo, I obviously can't read. [Frown] But you're right, Weißwurst rhymes with Schei$$wurst, which certainly doesn't sound appetizing. [Freak] PS: A few odd names: - Olga Onatop - Mike Hunt - Harry Crack - Ophelia Teats - Wayne Kerr - Pat McRotch

Mori - is it ie or ei? I think of ein. I tell you ever since I learned mandarin my German went to pot. Throw Portuguese in and I'm all messed up.... Back on topic: Girls bike seats.

Almost every Bond film, and especially Austin Powers films, have odd names. Remember Powers villian Ivana Humpalot. She was probably kin to that fictitious Russian cosmonaut, Roger Kokhoff. We all remember the bond girl in "Goldfinger". As far as bad sounding things, theres "chopped nuts", and an old country food known in my backwoods "head sausage". Cant think of anymore offhand. Then theres an old world Alsation creation from the German communities west of San Antonio, without a bad name but questionable ingredients. Its "Paresa" (sp) which is raw hamburger meat with seasoning and spices, which you eat raw as a dip, or on bread. Interesting thread.

quote:
Mori - is it ie or ei?
The wurst? It's weiß (white), so it's Weißwurst. "ß" is of course simply a "sharp" "s" and can be spelled "ss." "Ei" = "egg" [Razz]

I knew a guy named Dick Beard. When he retired from the government my dad inherited "The Dick Mobile" It was a beige K-car wagon, that is one amazing perk for being promoted... [HAIL 2 U!] Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.