They were built like tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There wasn't as much plastic to break in the interiors of cars back then ... but I'd take a modern car in a crash. A big, stiff-bodied car ends up transmitting the kinetic energy to the passengers."

Remember the speech given by Geo. Scott in the movie, "Patton"? About making the other dumb ******* die for his country, not you for yours?

An old Imperial ought to take out at least 6-7 other vehicles before it slows down (knife thru butter . . naw, hammer thru balsa wood).

By then you'll have had time to put out your cigar and rest it in the ashtray, readjust the seat belt and your Stetson before the cops and local TV news feeding a national hookup arrive.

OOPS! see below!
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ikeepmychevytoo:
I wasn't know the brake fluid would stop the leaks.

It is only a short term fix. It swells the seals in the transmission. It will stop most leaks for the short term, but ruins the transmission in the long term. Do NOT do it unless you intend to rebuild the transmission in very short order.
crushedcar.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Jimbo:
At least the engine and transmission did interchange. My father had a 1964 Lincoln and not even those parts interchanged with Ford or Mercury. That era was the post-WWII peak of American luxury, for about $6000. ...........

With inflation factored in, $6000 in 1964 would be $36213.57 in todays money. A pricely sum then and now.

Hootbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back