They don't make 'em like they used to (and maybe that's a good thing...)

20210510_125215.jpg

Wiring for the PTO clutch got hung on something and the connector got munched by the pump drive pulley. Nothing on this mower is convenient or easy to access save for the fuel pump, air filter, and one spark plug. I guess it's still better than a lot of regular riding mowers.

Can't say too much bad about it though. 20 years old and over 2000 hours on it and still running strong on the original engine, hydraulic pump, and wheel motors.

Yep deere 316 disassemble everything on top (exhaust etc) then pull the engine to access the starter.

if you are lucky you might be able to lift it abit to access.

@Rand sometimes I get nostalgic for these old machines, then I have to work on it and nostalgia evaporates and is immediately replaced with "why did it need to be done this way!?"

There's a fuel shutoff solenoid on this that has a single wire. To access the wire you have to take the cowl off. To take the cowl off you have to unbolt the hydraulic cooler, take the gas tank off, etc. etc... Or option B: run a new wire that doesn't run under the ******* engine cowl...

Back