They are several feet short

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Monroe Mayor Jamie Mayo said he was made aware of the problem late Tuesday.

"I'm trying to find out what's going on," Mayo said. "What I've been told is the loading bridges are not long enough to reach the airplanes. They are several feet short, which presents a problem for the planes connecting to the loading bridges. There's a certain distance the planes have to stop at the building, and the loading bridges cannot reach out there. I don't know if there was a test, but there should have been one. I am very concerned whether or not a test was done prior to the first plane coming in, and I'm going to get to the root of the problem. It's just not acceptable."

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20111012/NEWS01/110120335/-1/7daysarchives/Missed-connections

lol.gif
15.gif

When I read that article, I was imagining the look on the face of the guy responsible for getting people off of the plane as he stares at several feet of tarmac below him.....

Back in my ANG days, we came back from a deployment to the base on a L1011 or DC-10 or some such large bodied aircraft. Problem was our base didn't have a staircase that could reach the door. We sat on the plane while the ramp drew drove over to the International Airport portion of the base to "borrow" one.

One of our local districts built a new multimillion dollar high school with a football field that was 100 yds but forgot to allow for the end zones.
This was discovered after the parking lot and fences etc. were installed. They had to play all there home games at our school the first year and we were there rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back