These lads are insane: liter bikes full throttle

I remember the first GSXR

6cd9643d2dc7a64bcb1d3a19678f5671.jpg

a8c28751a9bcdd63d784c5b730463507.jpg

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
I remember the first GSXR

There's a member here who IIRC, still has an original 750 oil boiler.

1980s was the era of the engineering acronym marketing fads.
GSX-R (am guessing) Grand Sport eXperimental - Race
Which came with
TSCC - Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber

I still have all my motorcycle mags from the 80's. Cycle, Cycle World, Cycle Guide, Motorcyclist, Sport Rider (90's). I owned a few bikes in the 80's. Motorcycles were, and still are my main passion. Fortunately my wife shares that passion.

I had an opportunity to test ride a customer RC45 after performing a service. Never rode anything set up so well on factory suspension. And that engine's power delivery was very nice, a mid-range monster.

Given Honda only imported 56 RC45s to North America to satisfy homolgation rules I would guess you rode RC45 #20 owned by Paul Kingsburg of Huston Texas...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE
I still have all my motorcycle mags from the 80's. Cycle, Cycle World, Cycle Guide, Motorcyclist, Sport Rider (90's). I owned a few bikes in the 80's. Motorcycles were, and still are my main passion. Fortunately my wife shares that passion.

Oh my gosh so do I... plus a full collection of Dirt Bike and MotoX Action... not to mention 156 RC45 magazine articles... help I need more room...
[Linked Image]

Larry, I figured you did. We both have a sickness. LOL.

RE: Guy Martin, I had the pleasure of talking to him a few years back, he even had some tips about the Mountain Course. Both of us having a background as mechanics, we got along well.

Last edited:
San Antonio is a second home for many high wealth people from the US and Latin America so the RC45 may have been out of state, tbh I don't recall what the licence plate was. The Texas Hill Country is, or was, a rider's playground.

Enjoyed reading this thread, motorcycles are my life and my wife rides as well. We are yamaha fans, when the R1 came out in 98 I couldn't wait to get one. Still riding a R1 today. Jefferies was my favorite back in the day. Of coarse the dunlops are all awesome.

1980s was the era of the engineering acronym marketing fads.
GSX-R (am guessing) Grand Sport eXperimental - Race
Which came with
TSCC - Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber

As far is know, GS = four cylinder inline, x = 4 Valves per cylinder, R = Racing / Sports Modell.

The same system applies to the other japanese brands, like Honda with CB = four cylinder inline, Kawaskai Z = 4 cylinder inline and so on....

If you go back in modell history, the "X" allways marks the switch to 4 valves per cylinder.

Back