Thermostat Temp - 2012 Town&Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, does anyone know the temp of the OEM thermostat on the 3.6L in the 2012 Chrysler Town & Country?

I believe the Mopar Part# is 5184570AH and it is a part of the housing.

I noticed that full temp not that it's cold is only in the mid 180s, so I'm assuming it has a 180 or 185* stat in it.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
According to O'Reilly's website it's OE thermostat is 203*

Ive had a few of these as rentals recently, and most do as the OP says, though one was always at 200-202...

I suspect there is more than one stat...

During the summer it easily hits in the 200s. Only noticeable now that it's cold.

Only one spec stat for that rig. 203 is almost all Chrysler products these days. If it is an electric fan set like other FWD then that is a huge factor in the displayed temps.

Many cars run the fan(s) at low speed all the time if any portion of the Climate Control is on that uses the compressor. Many also have a default setting if a code is stored that will run the fan constantly until cleared...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Only one spec stat for that rig. 203 is almost all Chrysler products these days. If it is an electric fan set like other FWD then that is a huge factor in the displayed temps.

Many cars run the fan(s) at low speed all the time if any portion of the Climate Control is on that uses the compressor. Many also have a default setting if a code is stored that will run the fan constantly until cleared...

funny you mention that. My tuner has temp settings for low and high speed operation,so I can adjust when the turn on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back