Then vs now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found some real 1986 vintage Quaker State SAE 30 oil in the garage. It was priced at 97 cents. So even with obscene oil profits the price of a quart of oil has a little more than doubled in 20 plus years.

Is it in a paper can?
thumbsup2.gif
Is it still full?

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
I found some real 1986 vintage Quaker State SAE 30 oil in the garage. It was priced at 97 cents. So even with obscene oil profits the price of a quart of oil has a little more than doubled in 20 plus years.

The sticker on my 1987 Porsche 944S was $28,000 if that gives you any perspective. I paid about $25,800. Boy was that car fun.
Now you can get a Toyota RAV4 for the same price.
crazy2.gif

Oh yeah...my 1984 Nissan 300Z was $16,200.00
shocked2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PT1

The sticker on my 1987 Porsche 944S was $28,000 if that gives you any perspective. I paid about $25,800. Boy was that car fun.
Now you can get a Toyota RAV4 for the same price.
crazy2.gif

Oh yeah...my 1984 Nissan 300Z was $16,200.00
shocked2.gif

Just a few of years ago I remember synth blend oils were about $1.50 a quart at O`Reilly (where I usually got all of my oils). M1 was about $3-$4 a quart. Everyone I know was making the same $$ as they are now. Motor oil has got to be one of the most marked up consumer procuts around. BUT,we all need it (those of us that own cars). Hey,do you still have you `84 Z31? Wasn`t that the only/last "Datsun" 300ZX? I remember them saying Datsun on the left side of the rear hatch and Nissan on the right side. The Z31`s were and still are one of my fave cars of all time! I had an `86 turbo,and those have to be the most fun cars to drive!!!!

...the price of a quart of oil has a little more than doubled in 20 plus years.

I wish wages had doubled too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back