The YouTube Ford Tech Makuloco makes the case for a 3000 mile oil change on the Ford.Ecoboost

Yeah absolutely...if I saw two cars for sale, I’d definitely pick the one with the shorter/more frequent oil change intervals. However, I have done three 10,000 mile intervals on my current car, no issues (as of yet). But like I said, I don’t really have the stomach for them - I have 122,000 miles on my car - out of all those miles and oil changes, 90,000 miles of them have been 5,000 mile intervals. Yet I’m still tempted to run an Amsoil or HPL and experiment. I don’t care about the resale on my car, when I sell it, it will have probably close to 300,000 miles on it, and the clientele will be tire kickers and and people offering me $1,200 bucks and a bag of beef jerky. But I get what you’re saying, 100%.
That was me with our MK4 Jetta we picked up new in 1999. 225K/14 years on mainly 10K changes. Sold for $1500. Who cares. Car went to 300.

That was me with our MK4 Jetta we picked up new in 1999. 225K/14 years on mainly 10K changes. Sold for $1500. Who cares. Car went to 300.
Right, and I’ve owned cars that I’ve kept close to 300,000 miles on 3,000 mile oil change intervals, and the thing was using a quart every 500 miles by that time/mileage anyway. So, I’m not afraid to experiment a little when keeping a car till 300,000 plus thousand. And I generally take good care of my vehicles.

Right, and I’ve owned cars that I’ve kept close to 300,000 miles on 3,000 mile oil change intervals, and the thing was using a quart every 500 miles by that time/mileage anyway. So, I’m not afraid to experiment a little when keeping a car till 300,000 plus thousand. And I generally take good care of my vehicles.
No oil consumption on that Jetta. Bone stock base model GL. No consumption.

I will admit I poked the bear a bit on this one but I wanted to see his response. I used @dnewton3 talking points from the first page to draw him out.

This is verbatim from his Youtube Channel;
No no no, I said the SN+ and SP oils were designed around the need for better oils to support direct injected turbo-based engines (which are so common nowadays, heck even Chrysler is finally getting into the game) such as the Ecoboost engines. Issues such and chain wear and namely stretch, LSPI etc and they used ecoboost engines at their test bed because they were a real-world examples of these exact problems. Whether Ford was integral or not with the development of the new oil spec is debatable (I don't work on the inside and neither do you, but the fact that they worked closely with the API is well documented if you want to look that up) but the API does work closely with all vehicle manufacturers which were calling on and working with ethe API to develop this new spec. With Ford being the biggest proponent of GTDI technology you can imagine that they were integral here, no? Ford officially recommends running their semi synthetic oil for as long as the oil life monitor says to go. So he did not have to run a full synthetic or 100% full synthetic oil to satisfy their official requirements. If you know anything about oils and more importantly ecoboost engines, then you would agree with me here there is no way he was not using conventional oil (hint it would be twice as dark inside at this mileage) As for your claim about it being a click bait title well, I think the content is exactly what the title suggest so how can it be clickbait? That is one comment you really have no grounds on here, that's for sure. You must be the one complaining all over the bob is the oil guy forums about my video because you work in the oil industry as a scientist and know so much more that people that work in the industry out in the field, am I wrong? Everything I said is true with evidence to back it up and I have corrected you on those accusations here so please go update you oil guy site post with the facts.

Back