The ‘Yoda was rear ended

A lady rear ended me at a red light when I was driving the ‘22 4Runner. She admitted fault. No issue there. The bumper is scuffed, but damaged and deformed nonetheless. Sheet metal is fine.

The issue is that she has progressive insurance. The claim lady couldn’t tell me whether or not her (the driver) policy would allow for the use of OE parts. Is this a normal thing? The truck has 1500 miles on it. It’s a no brainer to me.

Part of me wanted to see if they’d make it right, but I suppose not. It looks like I’ll be going through our insurance and they’d just get the money from them in the end. It will just take time.

The same thing happened to my dad 20 years ago. New Tahoe. Factory oil in the sump. A lady with progressive insurance ran into him.

Glad you're ok :)

Part of me wanted to see if they’d make it right, but I suppose not. It looks like I’ll be going through our insurance and they’d just get the money from them in the end. It will just take time.

That's usually how it works

The issue is that she has progressive insurance. The claim lady couldn’t tell me whether or not her (the driver) policy would allow for the use of OE parts. Is this a normal thing? The truck has 1500 miles on it. It’s a no brainer to me.

The same thing happened to my dad 20 years ago. New Tahoe. Factory oil in the sump. A lady with progressive insurance ran into him.

You gotta yell at Flo now :D

A lady rear ended me at a red light when I was driving the ‘22 4Runner. She admitted fault. No issue there. The bumper is scuffed, but damaged and deformed nonetheless. Sheet metal is fine.

They tried that on my Lincoln once with 3k miles on it. I had to sign off but I refused...nope...

The first week I bought our CR-V, someone ran into the side of me trying to enter the roundabout I was already in. Didn't even have all the paperwork for it yet cuz it was literally 5 days in our possession. Their insurance was asking some dumbass questions.

The lady goes, "okay....so what could you have done to prevent this?"
Me: /silent on the phone for like 20 secs........".........what?"
Insurance lady: "is there anything you could have done to prevent this?"
Me: "..........not been born? What the ****? Your insured person struck me as I was already in a roundabout and he didn't yield/stop....how the **** can I prevent that???????????????"
Insurance lady: "...moving on."

/blink

A few dollars to none.....there are plenty of misconceptions floating around on this forum about effects of an accident-has been for years.
Carvana just gave me a premium price because of no accidents or dings. Talking to them that is what they look for and pay accordingly.

Plus if you trade in they will work that angle big time.

Carvana just gave me a premium price because of no accidents or dings. Talking to them that is what they look for and pay accordingly.

Plus if you trade in they will work that angle big time.
Well...I have traded in two cars with minor accidents-one of them was a 4Runner. The effect on trade in values was ZERO. They tried to "work it" and I told them to stop playing games.

There are reputable body shops where even an owner can't tell the vehicle was in a wreck after fixing -insurance or not. It's just making sure that it is taken to a good body shop.
Don't agree with you there. Aftermarket paints and the application process a shop uses for an insurance repair is not the same quality as factory.

Don't agree with you there. Aftermarket paints and the application process a shop uses for an insurance repair is not the same quality as factory.
We can disagree here about not really being able to tell if your vehicle has been in an accident-most guys on here are not your average owners-and they nit pick thing to the most absurd degrees.

I've had the repair shop go to bat for me on this issue. They hammered the adjuster and then told me to call the insurance and hammer some more and they paid for OEM parts. They did the same on supplementals. This was someone else's insurance too.

Back