The Worst Automotive Fads To Hit The Streets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Enjoyed that, but had to stop at the Barbie car. Used to like high performance decals like the Hooker Headers decal.
laugh.gif

My granddaughter will enthusiastically remind you that is a Hello Kitty car...
smile.gif

Worst automotive fad I've seen on the net is staging flipped vehicles for sale in front of a random upscale property, implying that since it was taken in front of a nice house, the owner took great care of it during the life of the vehicle and therefore the vehicle should command a premium price.

After that, fuzzy dice and fake mullets for mid-80's IROC owners. Real mullets for mid-80's IROC owners will always be in style, and therefore, not a fad.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Worst automotive fad I've seen on the net is staging flipped vehicles for sale in front of a random upscale property, implying that since it was taken in front of a nice house, the owner took great care of it during the life of the vehicle and therefore the vehicle should command a premium price.

After that, fuzzy dice and fake mullets for mid-80's IROC owners. Real mullets for mid-80's IROC owners will always be in style, and therefore, not a fad.
smile.gif

Shots fired!!!!
lol.gif

I didn't peep at the link, but

- Continental kits on Cadillac's of the 80's, along with Padded Vinyl roof and Opera windows was pretty bad,

- Moon shaped porthole windows on Vans with shag carpeting up the walls

- Air shocks jacking up the rear of your Pontiac Tempest three feet

- Gold trim and badge package on your pearl white Lexus ES300 in Florida

- Long headlight Eyelashes on VW New Beetles and Kias.

- Displaying your (now outdated) Garmin prominently with a windshield suction cup mount. You have Arrived Tech !

- Gross "Things" hanging from Trailer hitches

I reserve the right to Like a Cherrybomb Muffler on you Parent's hand me down, rusty full size sedan - with single exhaust
smile.gif

These weren't in the list but I find them to be utterly ridiculous! Crooked license plates (I'd think that would be illegal),and those stupid ice chest brand and underwear brand decals. I guess I just don't get it?

Worst fads by far:

3. Dubs. Lots of rolling mass, itty bitty baby brakes
2. Carolina squat or whatever the heck it's called where the truck's rear is slammed and the hood in the air so the driver can't see a bloody thing

1. "Stanced" cars where they are driving on 1/2" of rubber on the inside sidewall of the tire. I'm not sure how this is even permitted as surface area for stopping is almost non-existent and they are a rolling invite for a blow-out; a mobile safety hazard, an accident waiting to happen
crazy2.gif

The black out robo cop look has been long in the tooth, the march of the lemmings.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Worst fads by far:

3. Dubs. Lots of rolling mass, itty bitty baby brakes
2. Carolina squat or whatever the heck it's called where the truck's rear is slammed and the hood in the air so the driver can't see a bloody thing

1. "Stanced" cars where they are driving on 1/2" of rubber on the inside sidewall of the tire. I'm not sure how this is even permitted as surface area for stopping is almost non-existent and they are a rolling invite for a blow-out; a mobile safety hazard, an accident waiting to happen
crazy2.gif

These x9,001

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I didn't peep at the link, but

- Displaying your (now outdated) Garmin prominently with a windshield suction cup mount. You have Arrived Tech !

What's outdated about that? Not all cars have navigation and even if they did and you drive rentals or many different cars, it's a pain to learn and program a new system to your settings and destinations.

Originally Posted by Malo83
The black out robo cop look has been long in the tooth, the march of the lemmings.
crackmeup2.gif

Can't tell if dig? Blacked out is pretty mild compared to the things I posted... And both of my vehicles are black with black trim and black interior, but I suspect you already knew that...
21.gif

Last edited:
Add "swangers" to the list. They are all the rage around here now. They look ridiculous.

[Linked Image]

And, then there are these...

[Linked Image]

Anybody who does this to a Challenger should be shot!

Originally Posted by wag123

[Linked Image]

That is called a "donk", and it is yet one more manifestation of an undiagnosed (or diagnosed) mental disorder of the owner.

Originally Posted by wag123
Add "swangers" to the list. They are all the rage around here now. They look ridiculous.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ralph Nader would lose his mind over to top pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back