The Worst Automotive Fads To Hit The Streets

Status
Not open for further replies.
That much negative camber cannot be safe for braking. I generally don't care what people drive or do to their cars, unless it's unsafe around me. The above pics are unsafe and should be pulled over and not allowed to be driven further.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by grampi
I didn't see the worst fad listed...black wheels...

Many of us like black wheels, on our black vehicles. Certainly a [censored] of a lot better than the list of garbage I presented.
Black on black is just too much black...OTOH, chrome wheels, or polished aluminum wheels on a black vehicle look incredible...

Originally Posted by atikovi

Many of us like black wheels, on our black vehicles. Certainly a [censored] of a lot better than the list of garbage I presented.

Personal choice and taste. To me, at least from 20 feet away, they look like steel wheels that somebody stole the hubcaps off of. May be cool on a rat rod but not on something nice. The worst are the ones sprayed with flat black peel-off paint. A month later it start peeling and looks like crap.

To me black wheels just look like they're covered in brake dust...they always look dirty...

Originally Posted by bunnspecial
My dad use to run one on his Porsche 924 because the front end looked a little ratty and it looked better with that on than without.

Until one day you take it off and see the rest of the hood has faded so you have to repaint it anyway. Maybe a clear bra is better but it has problems of it's own.

I never understood the rationale of a bra...while it's installed, you can't see what's under it anyway. Is it so one day you can remove it and see how much the paint on the rest of the vehicle has faded?

Personal choice and taste. To me, at least from 20 feet away, they look like steel wheels that somebody stole the hubcaps off of. May be cool on a rat rod but not on something nice. The worst are the ones sprayed with flat black peel-off paint. A month later it start peeling and looks like crap.

To me black wheels just look like they're covered in brake dust...they always look dirty...

But at least you don't have to clean them any more.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

Why bother, they look dirty even when they're clean...

Why bother, they look dirty even when they're clean...

crackmeup2.gif
that's for sure.

Would the "4 toed foot" chrome 'n black gas pedal count?

They even made one for the now-gone floor headlight dimmer switch.

Honorable mention? Remember the full width, 7 section rear view mirror. Cabs had 'em.

Oh man I remember those in the magazines. I wanted one so bad as a kid.

I have this on my old BMW which is probably as close as I'll get:

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

There is no way you can mistake my spoked black wheels for steelies.

Originally Posted by spasm3
That much negative camber cannot be safe for braking. I generally don't care what people drive or do to their cars, unless it's unsafe around me. The above pics are unsafe and should be pulled over and not allowed to be driven further.

That's why it was #1 on my list, that's the "stance" crowd. It's INSANE
crazy2.gif

Black on black is just too much black...OTOH, chrome wheels, or polished aluminum wheels on a black vehicle look incredible...

I love it, as do many other people and unlike the garbage I've posted in this thread, it isn't a safety hazard.

[Linked Image]

I love it, as do many other people and unlike the garbage I've posted in this thread, it isn't a safety hazard.

[Linked Image]

Detailing 101. Would look a lot better with some dressing on the tars.

[Linked Image]

Love the black wheel/red caliper combo! Looks awesome!

Detailing 101. Would look a lot better with some dressing on the tars.

I don't use tire dressing,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back