Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't eat fish, the hook hurts:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/16/fish.empathy.ap/index.html

itschy.gif

Corrected word

[ November 17, 2004, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

The funniest statement in that article is:

"Once people start to understand that fish, although they come in different packaging, are just as intelligent, they'll stop eating them.""

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Which reminds me. I need to get that boat winterized so I can go out next spring and get me some trout.
smile.gif

My WHOLE beef(no pun intended) with these morons is, WHAT ABOUT THE VEGETABLES??? They're alive, doesn't it hurt their feelings when you harvest it??? I can almost hear the celery screaming when it's being cut, and dying a terrible death.

That's it, I no longer am going to eat fish, meat, veggies, nothing! Only dirt.

changed word

[ November 17, 2004, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Aha, they have caught up to Tawny, Scrawny Lion. That was a book I read to my son enough times 30 years ago, that I still remember it. He ate monkeys on Monday, and er, well something else each day all week. The other animals complained about him. He answered that if he didn't have to run, run, run for every bite, he might not need to eat so much. Finally a rabbit taught him to eat vegetables and FISH. I often wondered how the fish felt about that.

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
Aha, they have caught up to Tawny, Scrawny Lion. That was a book I read to my son enough times 30 years ago, that I still remember it. He ate monkeys on Monday, and er, well something else each day all week. The other animals complained about him. He answered that if he didn't have to run, run, run for every bite, he might not need to eat so much. Finally a rabbit taught him to eat vegetables and FISH. I often wondered how the fish felt about that.

That's a great book! I used to read that to my little brother all the time. It made me hungry!
grin.gif

I'll bet $100 I'm the only vegetarian here.
grin.gif
Meat is nasty.
spaz.gif
I'm 5'11" 210lbs, it kinda freaks people out. Not as big a deal out west in Cali or Colorado, kinda unusual here in the East.

quote:

Originally posted by Doug:
The funniest statement in that article is:

"Once people start to understand that fish, although they come in different packaging, are just as intelligent, they'll stop eating them.""

Actually they may have a point that fish may be more intelligent than these two.
 -

Several years ago I owned my own aquarium business. I would set up tanks in homes and offices and then maintain them. Anyway, after servicing many aquariums over several months I noticed that the fish actually got familiar with me. I could tell that they knew that I was about to clean the tanks by the same repeated actions every time I visited. The customers noticed this as well. And in my own aquarium in my home, I had some clown loaches that did act very similar too dogs in the way they interacted with me. No, they didn't play ball, but they did like me better than other members of the household. Strange, I know, but some fish can be fairly smart. I do enjoy eating fish also, so I'm not a weirdo or anything, but I wanted to point out that fish are rather bright creatures.... and good tasting!

"No one would ever put a hook through a dog's or cat's mouth," said Bruce Friedrich, PETA's director of vegan outreach.

that's because we just shoot the dog or cat.

quote:

Originally posted by 1 FMF:
"No one would ever put a hook through a dog's or cat's mouth," said Bruce Friedrich, PETA's director of vegan outreach.

that's because we just shoot the dog or cat.

Imagine trying to "pull in" that big 12 point buck or that bear that you just hooked
shocked.gif

Maybe that's why they call it fishing - because it's only a good idea with fish.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
isn't the word spelled "whacko"?

Just curious.

yes, thank you for noticing and the fine people that live in Waco (Way-ko), Tx are really getting tired of this.....

Somebody in the dog world betrayed me by giving them my address. For a long time they sent a package of address labels and a questionnaire. I never used their address labels for much except my tax returns. I returned the questionnaires with what must have been all wrong answers except for opposing government funding of animal research. They kept sending more.

By the way, I was reported to PETA for using mousetraps to discourage dogs from counter surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back