The war on Inflamation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inflamation is a huge issue in modern society (and probably was always).

That's one of the benefits of all the Wim Hof stuff that I do, and cutting out a lot of lectins

Two m's in inflammation.
smile.gif

But yeah it's now being seen as a chronic/bad thing for the entire body.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Inflamation is a huge issue in modern society (and probably was always).

That's one of the benefits of all the Wim Hof stuff that I do, and cutting out a lot of lectins

Yeah I'm thinking that most of the Lectins are cut out of what I'm eating now with the exception of some tomato here/there so it wouldn't be hard to eliminate them all together if it's so beneficial.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JLTD
Two m's in inflammation.
smile.gif

Having cut out so much out of my diet has reprogrammed my taste buds. I honestly can say I don't find things as delicious I used to that are in the "not good for you" food groups.

Hmm, I've got to listen to this when I have time. My CRP marker has been extremely high (20-25) for over a decade with no known cause. My doctor now thinks my current level of 10-13 is just my normal. I have been a long-term (many years) Nopalea (Trivita), Omega-3 fish oil and baby aspirin user as a result but have recently decided to drop the Nopalea and baby aspirin.

No sugary drinks, rarely any donuts, no candy, etc. has been my habit for many years as well.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by JLTD
Two m's in inflammation.
smile.gif

Having cut out so much out of my diet has reprogrammed my taste buds. I honestly can say I don't find things as delicious I used to that are in the "not good for you" food groups.

Having a couple food allergies, I have noticed the same thing. Cut out suger a couple years back, now if I eat some I'll feel poorly for an hour or two.

The fat guy wearing the Speedo... Some things, you can't un-see!
shocked2.gif
Aside from that image, thanks for posting
01.gif

Oh, BTW... Stress. Wasn't really mentioned in the video but, I'm pretty convinced it leads to inflammation as well.

As someone with autoimmune issues, there are many out there who make, in essence, the very same claims. That is that "Diet and Exercise" are a cure-all.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

What is true: Being overweight and/or sedentary is unhealthy and can exacerbate certain problems.

I have Hashimoto's, an autoimmune attack on thyroid tissue, which destroys the thyroid, resulting in a "worm-eaten" appearance of the gland. I was fit, healthy, young, avoided processed foods and sugars and at my ideal weight when the attack started. Once the thyroid was completely destroyed, my immune system went on the attack again, damaging testicles, parathyroid, kidneys, nerves, joints, pituitary and adrenals, oh and don't forget skin.

Nothing I've done, including a gluten free vegan diet, or a keto diet has made one bit of difference. The autoimmune attack continues unabated.

As many with MS will tell you, some things help, but nothing stops the attack and the end result is a lifetime of suffering followed by early death.

What works are immunosuppressants, period, end of story.

Last edited:
I also have Hashimoto's. I've had it since I was 20. (almost 20 years). For sure it contributes to weight gain and for sure I have to watch my TSH like a hawk. As soon as it goes above 1 I find the symptoms return. My mum and sister also have it and their ideal TSH is right on 3.

All 3 of us have completely dead Thyroids now.

Originally Posted by Cujet
As someone with autoimmune issues, there are many out there who make, in essence, the very same claims. That is that "Diet and Exercise" are a cure-all.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

What is true: Being overweight and/or sedentary is unhealthy and can exacerbate certain problems.

I have Hashimoto's, an autoimmune attack on thyroid tissue, which destroys the thyroid, resulting in a "worm-eaten" appearance of the gland. I was fit, healthy, young, avoided processed foods and sugars and at my ideal weight when the attack started. Once the thyroid was completely destroyed, my immune system went on the attack again, damaging testicles, parathyroid, kidneys, nerves, joints, pituitary and adrenals, oh and don't forget skin.

Nothing I've done, including a gluten free vegan diet, or a keto diet has made one bit of difference. The autoimmune attack continues unabated.

As many with MS will tell you, some things help, but nothing stops the attack and the end result is a lifetime of suffering followed by early death.

What works are immunosuppressants, period, end of story.

Great day ^^^^^

I agree with you one hundred percent...

Bless your heart... You've been through a whole, whole lot.. holy cow.

And I have too.. I have MS by the way. But no where near what you have through.

cujet and steve a functional medicine doctor may be able to help... i have autoimmune hashimotos
thyroiditis and my antibodies were sky high after treatment they are much more tolerable but still
there diet can play a role but minor i am not talking about immunosuppressants.

The war on inflammation
-------------------------

We are what we eat & drink
We are what we weigh
We are what we abuse to our bodies during work or play

It's really not a war. It's really neglect, lack of willpower and stubbornness.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
quote]

We are what we weigh

It's really neglect

In my case a specific version of the Epstein Barr virus was responsible for the start of immune system disregulation.

It has NOTHING to do with neglect.

Furthermore, we are not what we eat and drink. Our digestive system breaks down all foods consumed into components we can use. As always, a balanced diet, with sufficient nutritients and no excess of calories is best. Consuming excess calories makes us fat, we may contain the fat level of a French fry, but the association is not real. We can get fat eating too many greens. Look at the Sumo Wrestler diet, for example.

Once again, diet and exercise is no cure-all. Real problems exist and consuming 500 calories of fresh fish and greens won't fix anything, or for that matter, make any difference at all to the T cells that are destroying the myelin sheath around the nerves.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
The war on inflammation
-------------------------

We are what we weigh

It's really not a war. It's really neglect, lack of willpower and stubbornness.

Once again your ignorance is not limited to marketing of motor oils. You can eat all the kale smoothies and drink gallons of pure water every day. Just like you are not genetically programmed to earn the title of worlds strongest man no matter how hard you tried diet, chemicals, and weight lifting you did some people have flaws in their DNA diet, exercise, and medicine can't overcome. This is the same reason some people can eat a half dozen eggs, a pound of bacon, drink 6 beers, and smoke like a chimney and live to 90 without any major health issues. Then there are the ones who ear only healthy whole foods, exercise right, sleep well, and never drink or do drugs and die in middle age. Genetics can not be controlled or bypassed but knowing you this fact is way too much for you to comprehend let alone overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back