The Ultimate Oil Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok everyone, here it is.
On a 1990 2.0L OHC sunbird. engine millage unsure because it's not origional. But over 100,000KM
And 2002 Chev Extreme 4.3L Vortec 20,000KM

Both cars are using the Wix Premium filter 036 equiv of the AC delco PF52, factory filters were the PF47 AC. In this case going over sized helped a great deal with a stable oil pressure, and not much bypass going on.

Now the oil used for both car and truck was the 0W-30 syntec (German).

Since this setup has been used the same results are for both.
1. Engine running much smoother.
2. Gas consumption is lowered.
3. Noticable increase in engine performance.

Final thought of this setup.
Well let's just say that I have never been this impressed before.
So I'm going to run with this filter and oil all year round and so is my friend. And anyone who asks me about an oil change I am going to recommend this.

Thoughts are welcome.

I'm not quite sure why Castrol would make their best synthetic product availale in Canada but not the U.S.A. What's the price of this highly touted oil? I think Castrol could make some serious money (and re-establish their good name) if they brought this oil to the lower 48.

quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:
**** that's a great price! My local Walmart only had the old stuff on the shelf..

They'll get it soon hopefully. The Walmart in Heart Lake has the new stuff.

quote:

**** that's a great price! My local Walmart only had the old stuff on the shelf..

try looking behind the old stuff or ask them if they have any of the new stuff in stock.

quote:

Originally posted by In a World Called Catastrophe:

quote:

try looking behind the old stuff or ask them if they have any of the new stuff in stock.

He lives close to my parents, so the Walmart he's talking about does not have it. Believe me, I've moved all the bottles around in there to see if the new stuff is behind it and it's not. And I can see inside the stock room behind and there are no cases of it in waiting either.

quote:

Originally posted by rick:
So I'm going to run with this filter and oil all year round and so is my friend. And anyone who asks me about an oil change I am going to recommend this.

Thoughts are welcome.

Well since you asked
smile.gif
. I guess I have a hard time recommending a particular oil to anyone because I don't think there is one. I was a Mobil1 fanatic a couple of years back. I read a lot and think about oils a lot (and also listen to others' experiences and opinions). Thats why I have come to the above conclusion (not saying it is right). I am always skeptical about a particular oil sounding or running "smoother" or having more power, because I don't think that's really possible.
I'm glad you are happy with the oil. I would suggest running a sample and seeing how this particular oil holds up in your vehicle. That to me says more than subjective things.

Later,
Al

Al,
How about quieter? I don't know if "quieter" is the same as "smoother," & I know this doesn't mean squat if you're looking for verifiable proof, but here goes:

When I switched from Castrol GTX 10W-30 to Castrol Syntec 10W-30 (about 4yrs ago), I was surprised with quieter engine operation. I only knew one guy using synthetic (Amsoil) at that time, & our discussions had only been about oil life & engine protection. I hadn't been told by anyone to expect quieter operation, & since I was staying with 10W-30 I didn't even think about reducing engine noise by going from one to the other. When I mentioned my "surprise" to my friend, he said, "Oh yeah, I get that with the Amsoil, too." After that, every time I changed the oil it seemed as though the engine was quieter than it was immediately before the change. But of course, at that point I was expecting it ...

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by In a World Called Catastrophe:

quote:

He lives close to my parents, so the Walmart he's talking about does not have it. Believe me, I've moved all the bottles around in there to see if the new stuff is behind it and it's not. And I can see inside the stock room behind and there are no cases of it in waiting either.

Pat, which Walmart at Heart Lake has it? I went to the one at Bovaird/Hwy 10 and all it had was the old stuff..

That's the one that used to have it!
frown.gif

I really hope the new stuff is going to be here to stay, I'm getting scared now.
frown.gif

I'm gonna try Square One this weekend.

quote:

Originally posted by Idrinkmotoroil:
Keep us posted Patman !, I may be interested in trying out that oil as well. Id take a trip up there to pick some up too. All we have here is old stuff.
frown.gif

There must be 20 Walmarts within a 50 mile radius of my house, so sooner or later I'll find one with more of this stuff in stock!
smile.gif
I might also try the new Queensway/427 one (where it was initially spotted by Dr.T) and the Oakville one near Trafalgar and Dundas. Maybe each of us Toronto guys should try 2 or 3 and report to each other when we find some!
grin.gif

You want ultimate????? I started using this oil in my Dental handpieces!!!
freak2.gif

Yeah, you can find it at the 427/Queensway location in plenty. It is green as asked previously. No odor to slightly sweet.

And don't worry guys...the bottles say "Made in Germany for Castrol USA"...so just keep a lookout for the RED-labelled 0-30...not the yellow snowflake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back